PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Peyton Manning appears at Sweet 16 Party for 200K

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you're just that much quicker than everybody else here at Patsfans.com.

Or, rather, you would be... if you were actually, you know, right about deadspin.

Sure, it's satirical in nature, and its journalistic standards are, well, non-existant... but it doesn't trade in fiction, allegory or parody. It provides a humorous, snarky take one sport news and gossip. I mean, look -- it's posted about the Borges scandal... does that mean that that was "satire" and didn't happen, too?

Yeah, deadspin just makes fun of the actual...news. This was on Jim Rome, too.

Awesome. Just...awesome.

for some reason my computer is buggin' out and I can't open the link to the article but......

...was this for that MTV show "Sweet 16"?

This ruined my breakfast.

It looks cheap as hell, but what would any reasonable person do if they were offered 200K for an appearance? I think most of us would just say yes, the difference might be that some of us may have the money donated to a charity our nameif we had Peyton's Salary.. I would think the income tax deduction might be more valuable to these guys. Just as long as there were no body fluids transmitted, I am ok with it. OTOH, Peyton and his family are too goody for me and would like to see how well they handle a really big crisis.

This quote is a little disturbing.

"Whenever Manning accepts fees for corporate and charity events, sports outings or "a business milestone like last week's event,'' the spokesman said, Manning's PeyMeMore Foundation benefits."

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes