PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Pats fans killed by flying lawnmower at Shea Stadium 36 years ago today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today in Patriots History a very weird factoid.. was Kensil and his daddy there???

Never heard this story before, but that was before the days of news cycling continuously and the rest of social media..
Kensil's papa was there....lead do nothing.

It's like when I see fireworks at any stadium, especially an indoor one. It is a disaster waiting to happen. I don't know if anyone saw the fireworks that landed on the turf and started a fire in St. Louis earlier this year, delaying the start of the game by 15 minutes...
Unfortunately one of these days the pyrotechnics like the model airplane will go awry and then we'll ask, " what rocket scientist approved this?"

Wow, how bizarre and awful for those two guys (and the people sitting near them at the game). I don't remember this story. Figures it hit a Pats fan.

I was at a rock concert (Foreigner maybe?) in Springfield, MA at the Springfield Civic Center when a guy jumped up to catch a frisbee and fell over the top rail of the open bowl. He later died. They put a net in after that.

As for "waiting for something bad to happen", I remember back in the late 80's or early 90's when the Celtics had some family come on the court for a halftime show that involved the father (and mother?) flipping their small children around in the air with their feet as they laid on their backs. The crowd always ooo'ed and ah'ed, but I think it more of a gasp when they flipped them by each other. I always expected one of the kids to barf. I imagine that today they would be arrested for child abuse. :)

Took me awhile...

The Telegraph - Google News Archive Search

"I don't know of anything we've done," said Steve Gutman.

nice find. great to see that the sullivans stepped up even though they didn't really have any responsibility.

on another note, i'm amazed to see that howard ulman has been covering the patriots that long. i still see his byline on AP stories recapping patriots games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back