PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before anyone ever tries to use the injury excuse for the Pats in 2013 the two best defensive players on the Broncos tore their ACLs that same year.

Let's just put that aside because that argument is irrelevant to my initial argument. You think Welker would've helped the Pats take out the Broncos in 2013?
I think Welker would have been a clear upgrade over Austin Collie and Aaron Dobson.

He never played with Manning. F**cking hell man at least if you are gonna do your "$h1t on BB" routine at least be right about what you are talking about. He went to Denver because McDaniels sold him on having a bigger role than he had in NE behind Moss & Welker.

But by all means continue spewing $h1t without actual facts

Well even worse. Gaffney got 700-900 yards with scrubs. We should never have let him go. He was a very competent receiver

Before anyone ever tries to use the injury excuse for the Pats in 2013 the two best defensive players on the Broncos tore their ACLs that same year.
Gronk
Mayo
Vollmer
Wilfork

All on IR

So....

The point is that the Pats were inferior to the Broncos that season even if both teams get all their starters back.
OK, but that's not what you'd posted. And going with "But the Broncos lost these two guys on defense", when the Patriots lost Wilfork and Mayo on defense AND lost Talib in the AFCCG, even ignoring the losses of Gronk and Vollmer on offense, was a bad way to try to make that point.

To be fair, the 10 year drought also never happens if the officials don't steal the 2006 AFCCG from the Patriots, or the officials call any of about a half dozen obvious penalties against the Giants on the helmet catch

tenor(16).gif

Last edited:
Bucs currently have no cap space, not including Suh or Fournette. They only have about 57 under contract. Although they only need about $2M for the draft, they're still short a couple dozen players. I suppose they're working on several restructures?

Getting rid of branch probably cost the Pats the title in 06. He would have made a difference.
I just went back in time and can't believe the Ravens were 13-3 that year. I thought it was a typo so I checked another source. I can't remember that team at all.

I just went back in time and can't believe the Ravens were 13-3 that year. I thought it was a typo so I checked another source. I can't remember that team at all.
I can't remember their record but I remember they hosted the Colts in the division round.

Vinateri kicked 5 FGs and Colts won 15-0. Fivehead had himself quite the MVP game with a 39 passer rating lol

I can't remember their record but I remember they hosted the Colts in the division round.

Vinateri kicked 5 FGs and Colts won 15-0. Fivehead had himself quite the MVP game with a 39 passer rating lol
I just looked at their stats and still can't remember anything about that team that stood out.

I thought the Chargers, Colts and Pats were the top 3 seeds. Crazy.

Reactions: sb1
I just looked at their stats and still can't remember anything about that team that stood out.

I thought the Chargers, Colts and Pats were the top 3 seeds. Crazy.
Without looking isn't that the team with McNair? If so he was beyond awful in that Colts game. If memory serves me correctly Reed had 3 ints that game too.

To be fair, the 10 year drought also never happens if the officials don't steal the 2006 AFCCG from the Patriots, or the officials call any of about a half dozen obvious penalties against the Giants on the helmet catch play.
Agreed. Bogus DPI call against Hobbs in the end zone when defending Wayne, and the league apologized for it after the fact.

And of course there was Mike Carey swallowing the whistle when Eli was in the grasp...

not to mention Shaun O’Hara choking Seymour’s trachea “as hard as he could” which allowed Eli to break free of the grasp that should’ve already been whistled dead.

Bucs currently have no cap space, not including Suh or Fournette. They only have about 57 under contract. Although they only need about $2M for the draft, they're still short a couple dozen players. I suppose they're working on several restructures?

The cap is an illusion if you don’t care about what happens in 4 of so years.

Agreed. Bogus DPI call against Hobbs in the end zone when defending Wayne, and the league apologized for it after the fact.

And of course there was Mike Carey swallowing the whistle when Eli was in the grasp...

not to mention Shaun O’Hara choking Seymour’s trachea “as hard as he could” which allowed Eli to break free of the grasp that should’ve already been whistled dead.

I remember Simms annoyingly quoted “face guarding”, but I thought the ref quoted “face guarding” as well in his explanation. I guess not. Hobbs had perfect coverage. That’s got to be rough on players.

Pretty much everyone was held before the helmet catch. That should’ve at least been called.

If we didn’t blow a 21-3 lead a bad call at the end of the game wouldn’t have mattered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents