PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Official 2020 Tompa Bay Gronkaneers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping they move on from both Godwin and Barrett unless they can get a really cap friendly deal.

No offense to either player but it has more to do with their positions being the most overvalued in the market. Godwin is a really good receiver, and I wonder if Brady would try to veto the move...but Godwin isn't worth $16M+. Love Barrett but there's no bigger money pit than a $20M pass rusher...I mean, last night's game (and the Green Bay game) was a perfect example of how pressure and sacks are more of a team effort and the dominant defensive tackles are where you should spend.

I really hope they bring back Suh; I almost would say I'd take him outright over Barrett, but I'd definitely rather have him for half the price.

They must re-sign David, and I'm guessing they will.

If Howard comes back healthy, there's almost not enough ball to go around. Adam Humphries, the dude that dissed Brady two years ago and signed with Tennessee, could probably be signed for dirt cheap. Amendola might also be a decent addition for one more year as a situational guy. All in all, there's likely to be some bargains available for wide receivers expected to be a third option in the offense and excel at slot/inside routes.

Barrett is good vs the run as well And makes there pass rush special when matched with Vae and JPP. JPP is a free agent next year and is 32 I believe so I doubt they’d resign him and Suh is up there in age. Barrett and Vae have to be resigned to keep that defense good can’t lose Barrett than JPP next year and expect to be that good defensively.

They don’t need Edelman to replace Godwin. They already have Tyler Johnson and Brady had a clear rapport with him in limited reps. Edelman’s close to done, IMO. The injuries have, unfortunately, taken their toll from the looks of it.
Isn’t Johnson a rookie? I was told Brady hates rookies so you saying he has a rapport with him is absolutely asinine. Oh and Brady did this without going to the all important OTA’s

Don't know what his legal situation is, but Von Miller could be a lock going to TB or a Texas team.

TB will be getting some hungry vets like JJ Watt wanting to go play with Tom. Clay Matthews wanted to play there last year as he mentioned on the Pat McAfee show before the season started.

The patriot way.... oh **** nevermind

Talk about an entertaining thread. This one is worth the read... Funny and painful.

Still hard to see Brady as anything but a patriot.

They love him there maybe even more than in here with all the BB nut huggers

Would be interesting to see if Brady leaves the Bucs after 2021...he could take his skills to SF and finish his career on his childhood team.
I gotta think Tampa is the last stop on his train....

At first I thought this was a joke, but no, this is real. ESPN showcasing the big ChEeTaH highlight of the game...look at the emoticon. Wtf...

TyReEk for a huge gain of like 12 yards and Mahomes tripping over his feet and hurling a circus throw into double coverage are the big highlights.

It's pretty funny that people were talking about Andy Reid being considered the GOAT Coach over BB if he won the SB.

Andy Reid lost in the SB to Bruce Arians! Bruce. BA!

LMAO. He even said he didn't expect what Bucs did. That he was surprised, with 2 weeks to prepare. Called TOs at end of half that allowed Bucs to score a TD and basically bury them. Then he came out at the half and made no adjustments.

Reid's playoffs win %: 0.53
BA playoffs win %: 0.71
Almost as funny as the people who were saying Mahomes would be the GOAT if he had won the Super Bowl. Smh

I've heard that the censorhip has been dialed back, so we'll give this a try for a bit and see how things shake out, though I expect I'll be posting a lot less.

Having noted that, and explained why I'm posting at the moment, I'll start with this, in honor of yesterday's game:

What Happens to the Fan Base??

While I'm sure they want Godwin back, floating out the franchise tag isn't a good sign. If they don't use it if and can't get a deal, it makes them look bad now. And Godwin isn't the most valuable peice they need to bring back. He is way down on the list.

Last edited:
Tampa has a lot of work to do cap wise if they want to Keep that D and Godwin together.

Some moves are...

Cut one of Brate or Howard to save 6M.
Cut Gholston to save 5M unless he takes a pay cut.
Extend JPP and lower his cap hit to save 3M. He's going to be 32 next year though.
Extend Evans and lower his cap hit to save 3M
Extend Donovan Smith to save 2M
Extend Jensen to save 2M
Extend Brady to save 2M

That would bring their cap space up from 38M to 58-61M Meaning they can use anywhere from 55-58M to sign their guys with a little left over.

Front load the Contracts

Gronk 2 years 16M (8, 8)
Brown 2 years 10M (6, 8 if he hits incentives. So it be more like 2 years 14M)
Barrett 5 years 92M (14, 19, 19 20 20)
David 4 years 50M (11, 12, 13, 14)
Suh 1 year 7M
Succop 3 years 9M (2, 3, 4)

They really can't afford to let any of these guys walks. Suh is sneaky important for them, as he makes Vea's job so much easier an gives them the 4th guy in their very scary front 4.

All these moves will cost 48M next year leaving them almost no way to sign Godwin unless he takes a massively front loaded contract. And it isn't like they don't have depth peices worth signing like Gholston, Nunez-Roches, Haeg and Fournette potentially (if he's reasonably priced).

I don't see Brady letting Brown or Gronk walk. Barrett and David are absolute must signs, as is Succop. Maybe the plan is to let Suh walk or he will retire, but that hurts the strength of their D. Even if they somehow sign Godwin and keep Suh it would be at the expense of all their depth, and not 3rd stringers. Rotational guys who played serious snaps for you this year.

Don't get me wrong, if they can figure it out they should do it, but it just seems like it would be hard and they absolutely need to keep a good D as Brady ages. If they managed to keep all those guys but gut their depth DL depth in the process you know they are going DT in round 1, it's basically forced. And they need to hope they hit on a decent player.

Last edited:
At first I thought this was a joke, but no, this is real. ESPN showcasing the big ChEeTaH highlight of the game...look at the emoticon. Wtf...

TyReEk for a huge gain of like 12 yards and Mahomes tripping over his feet and hurling a circus throw into double coverage are the big highlights.

I rewatched the game, Mahomes could've easily been picked off 5 more times. His style of play is careless and frankly I don't see him lasting if he keeps that up.

I rewatched the game, Mahomes could've easily been picked off 5 more times. His style of play is careless and frankly I don't see him lasting if he keeps that up.

Media is going to deify him even more than Rodgers. Every article today is about his heroic efforts and how the team failed him.

“Greatest incompletions of all-time”

”Greatest non-touchdown game of all-time”

”Greatest meltdown of all-time”

Media is going to deify him even more than Rodgers. Every article today is about his heroic efforts and how the team failed him.

“Greatest incompletions of all-time”

”Greatest non-touchdown game of all-time”

”Greatest meltdown of all-time”
Yea, it's unbelievable. His mechanics are horrible. He missed so many wide open receivers because of his crazy side throwing motion.

Another amazing accomplishment by Brady, taking a borderline, selfish, diva WR and turning him into an unselfish, team first, humble WR. Brady helped AB get his regular season bonus during last game of the season and got him $750k by winning the SB. I think AB would walk on hot coals for Brady.

Yea, it's unbelievable. His mechanics are horrible. He missed so many wide open receivers because of his crazy side throwing motion.

1612853007988.png

Man, it’s good Mahomes was around to avoid getting shut out and run out of the stadium completely. Imagine if Tampa bad blown them out or something and we weren’t all in suspense until the final play.

$500M gets you the most spectacular non-touchdown game you’ll ever see. Strong case for a member of losing team to win the MVP award for being far and away the game’s best player :rofl:

His running around like a kid at recess just made things worse. He should have identified where he’s going to throw pre snap, take the snap, get it out in 2 seconds or less and take the hits. People never seem to understand you’re making an already bad OL even worse by doing all the running around he was doing. It’s one of the reasons everyone always talks about how Wilson’s lines are so bad. They’re not good, but he makes them look worse than what they are by playing like that.

His running around like a kid at recess just made things worse. He should have identified where he’s going to throw pre snap, take the snap, get it out in 2 seconds or less and take the hits. People never seem to understand you’re making an already bad OL even worse by doing all the running around he was doing. It’s one of the reasons everyone always talks about how Wilson’s lines are so bad. They’re not good, but he makes them look worse than what they are by playing like that.

Yes, yes, and yes.

Saw one of the comments on that Riddick tweet, to paraphrase: “Rodgers used to be great like Mahomes too. He used to scramble around a lot like that when he had the worst offensive line in the NFL.”

So many stupid people out there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back