PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: McNabb whining again (Samuel blurb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledTunaFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...nterview-Adds-Some-Noise-to-a-Quiet-Offseason

Donovan McNabb Interview Adds Some Noise to a Quiet Offseason
by chris klinkner (Columnist)

And we thought the weeks leading up to training camp would be quiet. As a long time Eagles fan, I should have known better.

Donovan McNabb called into the local ESPN radio station this afternoon. In short, McNabb does not appear too happy with the current makeup of the team or his standing in the community.

Fans and coaches have been high on rookie wide receiver DeSean Jackson. Coaches have called him a natural and fans drool over his potential big play ability.

McNabb appears to have zero hope of Jackson making an impact this year. Donovan repeatedly stated that Eagles rookies don’t make plays and do not start.Would it have hurt to have thrown Jackson a compliment? I guess we shouldn’t expect many passes thrown in Jackson’s direction this year.

McNabb, who had screamed for the Eagles to bring in playmakers this offseason, noted the big name additions to the defensive unit. Does McNabb think Asante Samuel was a good signing? “We didn’t need to address the secondary.” I guess not.

Does Donovan feel as strongly as Reid with the current makeup of the Eagles' receivers? Donovan repeatedly mentioned his requests for playmakers to be brought in. It does not take a genius to figure out playmakers equal receivers.

Despite his dysfunctional relationship with Terrell Owens, Donovan would welcome Chad Johnson coming to the Eagles.

So much for building chemistry with your receivers during the offseason. Eli Manning begs for his receivers to be at camps to establish report. Donovan begs for any one but his current group of receivers.

Wonder why Eli has a ring and Donovan does not?

And no McNabb interview would be complete without a few minutes of Donovan whining about his poor treatment by fans. McNabb repeatedly mentioned how heavily scrutinized he is. McNabb even went as far as saying that nobody in the NFL over the past 10 years has been scrutinized as much as him.

When you are the quarterback of a high profile team in a high profile city, of course scrutiny will follow. Just look at the criticism that was thrown at Eli Manning prior to the Giants' Super Bowl run. Did Manning complain how unfairly he was being treated? No he did not.

Wonder why Eli has a ring and Donovan does not?

Events like today make it hard to fully stand behind McNabb. Yes, he is a great quarterback and without him recent Eagles' success would have been unattainable. But the "whoa is me" act makes you wonder if it is time to turn the page.

Last edited:
What do you expect from a QB who is in rapid decline and on the hot seat? The guy had his shot and couldn't get it done. He's close to being done anyways.

Jesus Donovan. Shut the hell up.

Im glad i sided with TO when he shot his was out of Philly. I wouldnt want to play next to you either.

You guys want to sh*t on McNabb but what he's saying is true.

Eli has a ring and Donovan does not because of Asante Samuel.

You guys want to sh*t on McNabb but what he's saying is true.

I agree with you - and I agree that he should keep his mouth shut. McNabb has been one of those guys I've always wanted to see do well (though not the way Rush Limbaugh thinks)

Sounds like he's getting pretty frustrated about his window closing.

great another whiny kid. He'd probably ask soon to be traded. hA

Not that McNabb isn't being a whiny prima donna, but it's unfair to compare him to Eli Manning. Eli is pretty young, has Plaxico and a good ground game. McNabb, being an oft-injured scrambler, realistically can't expect to play effectively for too much longer. He also knows he needs a playmaking receiver at this stage in his career more than ever. Westbrook is great, but the depth behind him isn't nearly as spectacular.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back