PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Manziel in the news again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marinovich was a father driven casualty of the California athlete mill. He had great size, with model good looks, a great arm and some charisma.

Manziel is an Alfred E. Neuman looking, short little punk rich kid that no one ever said no to.

Marinovich I can empathize with a little bit. Manziel I just wanna punch in the face on sight.

Manziel definitely needed a few (a lot) of ass beatings growing up. He's a reflection of the pompous little ****s growing up nowadays. Hence why I said modern day.

Though I agree he is generally a douchebag ....
Some of what he has been doing lately is to punch his ticket out of town and who can blame him?
Downside is that his first free agent contract will be deeply discounted.
I doubt he ever becomes more than a hired gun/JAG in the NFL ... time will tell.

So in other words, she spends all night and day wishing/thinking it was the mid-90's. Hope it doesn't hurt the relationship. :D

And I spend all day and night wishing/thinking it was the mid-90s again too, since that's when we were both in high school still. ;)

In terms of hurting the relationship, yes--I have to choose my wording wisely at times. It can be challenging to watch the organization like ours and then see how ass-backwards they do things down in DAL, and want to scream!

I would love to sh*t on this kid and I admit to loving all this negative press after SO much hype. But, if I think about myself at his age he seems like a Rhodes Scholar.

I'm right there with you, and when I look back at some of my mistakes I realize how blessed I am just to have the chance to be here right now.

That said, I think you and I may have made some better decisions had we had anything close to the kinds of chances and lifelong opportunities that he has had, so it's very hard to compare. I would've straightened out very quickly had there been millions on the table, lots of fame, and my whole life ahead of me. :)

Manziel's family has money. He doesn't need to play nice to get that next big contract. His family comes from oil money. He'll never work a day in his life.

If there was an entry for a definition of DUMBA$$ in the encyclopedia, Manziel's mugshot would be right next to it. Unreal. How could someone who is given so much potential and opportunity pi$$ it away like that? I will never understand.

Manziel's family has money. He doesn't need to play nice to get that next big contract. His family comes from oil money. He'll never work a day in his life.
Thats part of the problem.

Another case of Affluenza....

Though I agree he is generally a douchebag ....
Some of what he has been doing lately is to punch his ticket out of town and who can blame him?
Downside is that his first free agent contract will be deeply discounted.
I doubt he ever becomes more than a hired gun/JAG in the NFL ... time will tell.
The best NFL career Manziel can hope for going forward is Michael Vick post-dogfighting, a last choice backup who, when he finally gets in a game, does some exciting scrambling but nothing else because he still won't put in the work to actually learn the position. I doubt he rises even to those heights. Uncoachable, unknowledgeable, and unreliable is no way to go through NFL life, son.

I'm not talking about the expired plate with this stance. That's an innocent thing to get caught with. I've forgotten to renew my plates a couple of times in my life. Everything else being considered, though, I have to begin to believe that he's doing this on purpose for the attention he receives. The stunt in Vegas, blowing off check-ups related to the protocol, going AWOL. He almost seems like a celebrity pulling stunts because "all press is good press". The Browns need to rid themselves of him ASAP.

Marinovich was a father driven casualty of the California athlete mill. He had great size, with model good looks, a great arm and some charisma.

Manziel is an Alfred E. Neuman looking, short little punk rich kid that no one ever said no to.

Marinovich I can empathize with a little bit. Manziel I just wanna punch in the face on sight.

Maybe Manziel is afflicted with "affluenza". Poor bastard. He never had a chance. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents