PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Like father - like son. Guess what Jerry Sandusky's son is charged with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I hear elder Sandusky adopted children, is this correct? Someone needs to contact them to see if they were abused themselves.

I hope his dad didn't abuse him. I know abusers tend to have been abused. See: Adrian Peterson (aside: why did everyone let that whole thing slide? He beat a tiny child to a bloody pulp with a belt...)

So I hear elder Sandusky adopted children, is this correct? Someone needs to contact them to see if they were abused themselves.

Jerry adopted six - including Jeff who is the one charged.

Last edited:
I hope his dad didn't abuse him. I know abusers tend to have been abused. See: Adrian Peterson (aside: why did everyone let that whole thing slide? He beat a tiny child to a bloody pulp with a belt...)

I'm thinking it's highly highly likely he did abuse him. One of his other adopted sons has said he was abused.

Last edited:
Hey, he saw his (adopted?) dad get away with it for all those years under JoePa and his Stepford campus at State College, so he figured Why not?

Both are deserving of a visit from Marcellus Wallace's associates.

Such a sad cycle. Victims of this kind of abuse often turn into abusers themselves.

This is incorrect. I do not remember the exact percentage, and keep in mind many survivors do not come forward, and don't quote me but it's something like 90% of abusers have been abused themselves but only 10% of survivors go on to become abusers.

This is incorrect. I do not remember the exact percentage, and keep in mind many survivors do not come forward, and don't quote me but it's something like 90% of abusers have been abused themselves but only 10% of survivors go on to become abusers.

If that's higher than the percentage in the general population, the fact is true. I don't know if it is, and if it is, it doesn't mean abuse victims are generally bad people--you've proven quite the opposite--but it could still mean that it's more likely.

Some reporter who is a Sandusky sympathizer was on EEI this morning and in over 20 years I've never heard Pete Sheppard so angry and disgusted.

It's a vicious cycle. One POS like Sandusky abuses someone and then that broken POS goes on to do the same.

Penn State should have gotten the death penalty for covering up this ****.

If that's higher than the percentage in the general population, the fact is true. I don't know if it is, and if it is, it doesn't mean abuse victims are generally bad people--you've proven quite the opposite--but it could still mean that it's more likely.

I don't even know what a "bad person" is in this context. Everyone who commits some kind of crime is a combination of brain matter they were born with and life circumstances that shaped that brain matter. For us to imply that sexual predators simply lack some kind of moral grounding, or just aren't trying hard enough to be "good people", is a bizarre position to take. The ones who have come forward to speak openly about what its like have said it is like a horrific itch that is as predictable to them as the sun coming up in the morning. How would we even begin to measure how hard someone is trying, or if they are a "good person" or a "bad person" under those circumstances?

And yes, at least one of Sandusky's kids has said they were abused. I suspect they were all at least targets.

I hear they both like pizza....

I don't even know what a "bad person" is in this context. Everyone who commits some kind of crime is a combination of brain matter they were born with and life circumstances that shaped that brain matter. For us to imply that sexual predators simply lack some kind of moral grounding, or just aren't trying hard enough to be "good people", is a bizarre position to take. The ones who have come forward to speak openly about what its like have said it is like a horrific itch that is as predictable to them as the sun coming up in the morning. How would we even begin to measure how hard someone is trying, or if they are a "good person" or a "bad person" under those circumstances?

And yes, at least one of Sandusky's kids has said they were abused. I suspect they were all at least targets.
Someone who molests a child is a bad personal regardless of whatever excuses you want to give.

There may be a reason for someone becoming an abuser, but that doesn't mean that it is an excuse.

What they certainly need is mental help, to help break the cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand