PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Kraft eyes English Premier League investment

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should invest in a smaller team and take them to European and World domination. Doncaster Rovers will do fine thanks :)

What sort of rep does Tom Hicks have in Texas, Seymour in terms of ownership? Do fans of his teams like him?

I don't know how great a reputation Hicks has. He's known as a shrewd businessman and he will throw a lot of money to acquire free agents (transfers), but it generally was wasted on players like Chan Ho Park who didn't pan out. He also gave Alex Rodriguez the biggest contract in sports history but failed to build a team around him and wa ssubsequently traded. However, he is retired from business now and focuses on his sports entities.

Mmmmmm.........Newcastle.........

I think Arsenal would be perfect for Kraft. In London, a growing fan base, on the brink of acquiring one of the game's most recognizable offensive stars, and that brand new Emirates stadium. It would be the perfect situation to buy into. If the board won't budge, however, I guess it wont happen.

What about Crystal Palace? What's their situation?

I'll bet Kraft is an old Beatles fan who wants to own part of their hometown legacy.

I think Arsenal would be perfect for Kraft. In London, a growing fan base, on the brink of acquiring one of the game's most recognizable offensive stars, and that brand new Emirates stadium. It would be the perfect situation to buy into. If the board won't budge, however, I guess it wont happen.

Please, no. I don't think I could stomach him purchasing a share of the Gunners.

Please, no. I don't think I could stomach him purchasing a share of the Gunners.

Why? He'd be great for them. Brits can't stave off foreign ownership, there's not enough billionaires there to compete. You've already got big time Russian oil tycoon, and a few Americans, it's inevitable. I hope he buys Liverpool and does to them what he did to the Pats. I just wonder how much he knows about Premier League football. I can assure you also that Bob Kraft wouldn't have gotten rid of Michaels Owen:mad:

I don't know how great a reputation Hicks has. He's known as a shrewd businessman and he will throw a lot of money to acquire free agents (transfers), but it generally was wasted on players like Chan Ho Park who didn't pan out. He also gave Alex Rodriguez the biggest contract in sports history but failed to build a team around him and wa ssubsequently traded. However, he is retired from business now and focuses on his sports entities.

Thanks bud. Crystal Palace? Put simply, they're sh*t right now. Palace are way down the championship too (next step down from the Premier League).

There was some noise over here today about a Premier League game being held in the U.S. Mainly from West Hams owner and Stan Kroenke, who owns a stake in Arsenal saying it would be good for the league to boost it's profile even further.

Why? He'd be great for them. Brits can't stave off foreign ownership, there's not enough billionaires there to compete. You've already got big time Russian oil tycoon, and a few Americans, it's inevitable. I hope he buys Liverpool and does to them what he did to the Pats. I just wonder how much he knows about Premier League football. I can assure you also that Bob Kraft wouldn't have gotten rid of Michaels Owen:mad:

Why? Because I'm a Spurs fan, and would rather have him buy them. ;)

Last edited:
I can assure you also that Bob Kraft wouldn't have gotten rid of Michaels Owen:mad:

Michael got rid of himself. He said he'd sign a new deal and never. Liverpool fans aren't too fond of him for it either and he actualy got booed by some fans on his return to Anfield. His contract ran down and the club who made Michael Owen got next to nothing for him, 8 million which in "soccer" is peanuts for a player of Owens calibre.

Can't say I feel sorry for him either having been shipped out of Madrid and is now stuck up in lovely Newcastle and falling apart with injuries. He could have come back too if he'd have been patient, but his priorities, again, weren't with Liverpool.

Michael got rid of himself. He said he'd sign a new deal and never. Liverpool fans aren't too fond of him for it either and he actualy got booed by some fans on his return to Anfield. His contract ran down and the club who made Michael Owen got next to nothing for him, 8 million which in "soccer" is peanuts for a player of Owens calibre.

Can't say I feel sorry for him either having been shipped out of Madrid and is now stuck up in lovely Newcastle and falling apart with injuries. He could have come back too if he'd have been patient, but his priorities, again, weren't with Liverpool.

Well my family is from Liverpool and they were pissed when he went to Real Madrid. He wanted out because they fired Houllier which was a mistake IMO.

Well my family is from Liverpool and they were pissed when he went to Real Madrid. He wanted out because they fired Houllier which was a mistake IMO.

Houllier and the club parted ways because he went backwards. He spent a serious amount of money and most players he signed floppped. Houllier done a hell of alot for Liverpool but couldn't take us no further and ultimately left Liverpool in sh*t state. Poor players, massive, massive wage bill, morale was low and Liverpool were going nowhere fast. For the good of the club something had to change. Owen bailed, which is fair enough if the future looks bad at Liverpool, but dont tell the fans you love the club and want to sign a new contract and then leave.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore