PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: J. Bowden gets $$$$ to resign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Believe me, the boosters are more than happy to cough up that kind of dough to get rid of a guy who calls a draw play on 3 and 7 regularly. Not to mention the time he called a draw play on 3 and 26.

guess we should pay McDaniels to resign. passing plays on first and second then a run on 3rd usually...not the way to go

id honestly give more than $90

No way Bowden even compares with McDaniels. FSU was a national power and almost unbeatable in the ACC until Jeffy started calling plays. Now they are in last place in their division. He only lasted this long cuz he pulled out a miracle in the ACC title game last year against Va Tech.

You scared me. I thought you meant he was paid to re-sign.

For a minute, I thought the Noles' misery had no end in sight.

richpats said:
No way Bowden even compares with McDaniels. FSU was a national power and almost unbeatable in the ACC until Jeffy started calling plays. Now they are in last place in their division. He only lasted this long cuz he pulled out a miracle in the ACC title game last year against Va Tech.

Actually, they might be more similar then you might think. Both offenses are very predictable. Its completely obvious what each team is going to do before the ball is even snapped sometimes. Both are also pretty conservative. Jeff is extremely conservative. He'll run the ball 30 times a game and by the end of the game we'll have 25 yards rushing. Our offense is much more effective at spreading the ball out, but Jeff almost always refuses to do this.

Also, McDaniels has always had a stable QB and offensive line. Jeff never had this. He's gone through 6 different QBs in his 6 years. Chris Rix was awful, Wyatt Sexton got Lyme Disease and now FSU is stuck with two Sophomore QBs. They chose to start Drew Weatherford last year, which might have been a mistake. He picked up the offense quicker, but Xavier Lee has much more potential and has shown flashes of brillance in some of the games he has played. But, now Drew has experience so they're sticking with him. Both QBs are good for at least 1 interception, usually 2 a game.

I'm not defending Jeff by any means. He wasn't the one who pulled out a miracle in the ACC championship game either. The Hokies dominated the offensive statistics category. It was Willie Reid's punt return td and defensive turnovers that won the game.

Quite simply both Jeff and McDaniels suck. Jeff sucks at life, but has never had a good QB or good O-line, which are the most important parts of an offense. McDaniels has had good pieces, but he doesn't suck nearly as bad as Jeff. Believe me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News