Welcome to PatsFans.com

OT: J. Bowden gets $$$$ to resign

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by scout, Nov 15, 2006.

1. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

2. FSUPatsFan

FSUPatsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Believe me, the boosters are more than happy to cough up that kind of dough to get rid of a guy who calls a draw play on 3 and 7 regularly. Not to mention the time he called a draw play on 3 and 26.

3. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

guess we should pay McDaniels to resign. passing plays on first and second then a run on 3rd usually...not the way to go

4. Remix 6

Remix 6 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

id honestly give more than $90

5. richpats

richpats Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

No way Bowden even compares with McDaniels. FSU was a national power and almost unbeatable in the ACC until Jeffy started calling plays. Now they are in last place in their division. He only lasted this long cuz he pulled out a miracle in the ACC title game last year against Va Tech.

6. goalkeepr

goalkeepr PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

You scared me. I thought you meant he was paid to re-sign.

For a minute, I thought the Noles' misery had no end in sight.

7. ATippett56

ATippett56 Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +567 / 19 / -26

I'll toss in a bag of potato chips! :D

8. FSUPatsFan

FSUPatsFan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Actually, they might be more similar then you might think. Both offenses are very predictable. Its completely obvious what each team is going to do before the ball is even snapped sometimes. Both are also pretty conservative. Jeff is extremely conservative. He'll run the ball 30 times a game and by the end of the game we'll have 25 yards rushing. Our offense is much more effective at spreading the ball out, but Jeff almost always refuses to do this.

Also, McDaniels has always had a stable QB and offensive line. Jeff never had this. He's gone through 6 different QBs in his 6 years. Chris Rix was awful, Wyatt Sexton got Lyme Disease and now FSU is stuck with two Sophomore QBs. They chose to start Drew Weatherford last year, which might have been a mistake. He picked up the offense quicker, but Xavier Lee has much more potential and has shown flashes of brillance in some of the games he has played. But, now Drew has experience so they're sticking with him. Both QBs are good for at least 1 interception, usually 2 a game.

I'm not defending Jeff by any means. He wasn't the one who pulled out a miracle in the ACC championship game either. The Hokies dominated the offensive statistics category. It was Willie Reid's punt return td and defensive turnovers that won the game.

Quite simply both Jeff and McDaniels suck. Jeff sucks at life, but has never had a good QB or good O-line, which are the most important parts of an offense. McDaniels has had good pieces, but he doesn't suck nearly as bad as Jeff. Believe me.