PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Giants' Use of Unregulated Walkie Talkies

Status
Not open for further replies.
imagine BB walking around talking into the walkie talkie. this wouldve erupted last nite during the game.
It would be far and away the top story in the sports world right now.

Obviously the walkie talkies are sanctioned by the league. They have a pretty blue sticker.
Plus they were only talking to the coach in the booth, yea, that's it, they were talking to the booth. Yea, and they were talking about food not the game. That's it they were ordering takeout for the booth after the game.

Honestly...I really can't think of any reason why Roger Goodell should not be fired today. This is what happens when you have a bad commissioner acting as a puppet for a clique of owners instead of for the good of the league.

A commissioner who is up for the job would shut this nonsense down regardless of whose clique they belonged to. Pointing fingers at teams is a MUCH bigger threat to integrity than air in footballs.

Last edited:
imagine BB walking around talking into the walkie talkie. this wouldve erupted last nite during the game.

The internet would have broke.

Honestly...I really can't think of any reason why Roger Goodell should not be fired today. This is what happens when you have a bad commissioner acting as a puppet for a clique of owners instead of for the good of the league.

Good thing Belichick has telepathic powers and communicates through the mind.

Now we know why McAdoo has the big playcall sheet...to hide his walkie talkie! :D

Ok, I looked up the rules.

The 8th paragraph of Article 3. Speakers in Helmets, reads as follows:

"The coach-to-player system is not subject to the equity rule. In the event one club experiences a coach-to-player radio system malfunction or failure, the other club does not have to shut down its system and may continue using it. However, if the coaches’ intercom system has been completely shut down on both sidelines pursuant to the equity rule, all coaches’ headsets must be removed, and radio communications from the sidelines to the field must be conducted by walkie-talkie only."

"The coach-to-player system is not subject to the equity rule. In the event one club experiences a coach-to-player radio system malfunction or failure, the other club does not have to shut down its system and may continue using it. However, if the coaches’ intercom system has been completely shut down on both sidelines pursuant to the equity rule, all coaches’ headsets must be removed, and radio communications from the sidelines to the field must be conducted by walkie-talkie only."

If this is the case, why do teams always ***** when their radio comms go out at Gillette instead of just using a walkie-talkie?

There's no evidence to suggest that they aren't communicating with the Russians on the other end of those radios. I bet Putin has big money on the G-men.

If this is the case, why do teams always ***** when their radio comms go out at Gillette instead of just using a walkie-talkie?

I don't know. Maybe the coaches don't know the rule, or don't like the idea of broadcasting thier complete conversations to everybody within listening range, or stadium sounds make it tough to hear without a proper headset.

In any event, the allegations are that coach to player communications were happening here, which appears to be against the rules.

The league has become a perfect reflection of its spoiled brat b.tchboy commissioner. Completely repulsive, grow the {¥<[ up. A catch is no longer a catch, a fumble is no longer a fumble, hard hits are outlawed, and excuses are the norm instead of the exception complaint from a loser. It's no wonder my interest has been waning as the game I used to love to watch has become the ultimate sport of crybaby b.tches. Roger Goodell has ruined the NFL by turning it into the reflection of ................

Roger Goodell.

What a sack of sh.t.

Props to Joker for being so far out front on this issue. He was years ahead of everyone.

Years ahead, and so was Mark Cuban. I wonder if this isn't a part of the owners pushing back against the CBA, and trying to find out what, exactly, Roger thinks he can get away with. These are the three main guys in the NFL, going at it. I wonder what Robert Kraft is thinking right now. Two allegations against The Big Three, and I had to eat it over IGL? Do your job, Roger, Do your Job.

The part in bold is what is key. We know for a fact that the intercom system on Dallas' side wasn't shut down. So McAdoo using the walkie-talkie isn't legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back