PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Favre asked to be traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant believe he wants to be traded. Are these players becoming cry babies if they dont get there own way?What team would he go to? Would he be a starter or back up lol

I cant believe he wants to be traded. Are these players becoming cry babies if they dont get there own way?What team would he go to? Would he be a starter or back up lol
The way he's wetting his pants over it, maybe the Pats are really, really, really getting something in Randy Moss.

This is classic Favre. He has his agent leak that he has demanded a trade and blames the front office for it.

Then, on cue

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2869896

He now makes himself the hero in Green Bay by coming out and denying HIS OWN PLANTED RUMOR.

He didn't really even deny it. He just denied that anything was "demanded". Semantics.

You gotta love this:

"I'm not getting any younger and I think everybody knows that," Favre said. :rofl:

"I don't have five years to rebuild. ... I don't know if I've lost faith, and I think everyone in the organization wants to win. I just don't know if it includes me. If it's going to be five years from now, I'm not going to be here. This is 17 years for me and I want to win [now]."

No mention of we. Hey Brett, there's no I in team. The world - even in Wisconsin - isn't all just about you. Just think how all the guys who joined the Packers in the last decade feel - they haven't won a damn thing and it looks as if they aren't going to in the forseeable future absent a rebuild. GO HOME.

Does this mean that NFL network can work the "Did Brett Favre Ask To Be Traded" story instead of the traditional "Will Brett Favre Retire" story for the next five months? I certainly could use the change of scenery.

And hey, if you can't make up your mind, just rumor that there's something to have a press conference about, and then say "I don't even really know why we're here..."

Jeez. Brett dude I know football has been the one bright spot. Really really really sincerely, nobody should have that trainwreck of personal issues you've had in the last few years. But why add insult to tragedy? Just go, now. For your own sake.

PFnV

There's really only one place he could start right now and it happens to be the team that I live and die by. I would rather have Trent Green but it would be inetersting to see him break Marino's record in aqua and orange.

you're making me all misty eyed for Dave Wannestadt and his management style--he'd have offered a pair of #1s for Farvervrveuerve in a flat second :singing:

Even though there is no comparison now, there was a time in the mid-late 90s where Dew Bledsoe was considered in the same class as Brett Favre. I know they're completely different qbs, I just mean in terms of being the face of the team and held in high regard by the entire league.

Look at the way Drew left and look at the way Brett is going to leave. Drew never became a thorn in the side the way Brett has and never whined as much either. He was a class act and held himself with dignity even though he sucked at QB by 1999. He retired quitely, without much fanfare, and was satisfied with his decisions and only held himself accountable to himself.

Brett can learn a thing or two from Drew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes