PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Eagles may have violated draft rules with Wentz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lurie is a pud

Who cares? Why do we have to be as petty as the NFL and it's taodies?

Well speaking personally I take offense to the rest of the NFL* cheating and putting the Pats at a competitive disadvantage against the entire league by the draconian punishments levied against the Pats for minor, or made up transgressions, while other teams support these punishments against the Pats while they themselves are committing transgressions that demand penalties just as harsh.

If they suffer no significant penalties then I take offense to that.

Your view may vary, of course.

Well, I suppose that from this year forward, every Eagles accomplishment gets tagged with an *, eh? :cool:

But could the NFL eventually get sued for uneven enforcement?

This is an interesting idea. Jets owner openly tampers (I don't care who says Woodster didn't. He did) and they get 100k. Chiefs do I really don't now what and get hit kinda hard. If the Eagles get hit pretty hard I'd be interested to see what may happen. Most likely nothing because they are part of that now well known sadistic organization that's the NFL.

It would take a private suit that we all know it'll be labeled worthless by media and the law. They need to find that one Judge that doesn't care about threats or his own career really to say lets go. Where that lawyer is, I don't know.

Link:
NFL has no comment on possible violation by Eagles with Wentz/Goff talks

On Thursday, PFT reported that the Eagles secured a verbal commitment from quarterbacks Jared Goff and Carson Wentz that both would accept offsets if the Eagles traded up to No. 2 and made one of them the selection.

Some have suggested that the Eagles violated the rules by engaging in pre-draft discussions with agents representing incoming rookies, pointing out that only the team that holds the first overall pick may negotiate terms before the draft.

The NFL declined comment on the situation. Whether the NFL actually does anything about it becomes a question for the vague, arbitrary process that arises from a habit widespread violations of the rules and limited, selective enforcement.

I wonder what Senator Spector would think about this #integrity if he were still here.
Hector Inspector?

Most likely punishment from NFL: Patriots lose 2016 1st round pick.

RC: *I want even enforcement*

Goodell: *You can't handle even enforcement*

[pauses]

Goodell: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by lawyers with computers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Kraft? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Patriots, and you curse the League Office. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the Eagles non-punishment, while tragic, probably saved the league. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves the league. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, integrity, Article 46, integrity (intentionally repeated). We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something like the woeful Jets. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a properly inflated football, and take a three point stance. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Who in hell knows whether they'll get punished. There's no rhyme or reason with Goodells punishment. It's a hallmark of poor leadership to be inconsistent with discipline.

Probably nothing will happen, but if they lost a first rounder and a couple million, it wouldn't be surprising either. It just comes down to which way the wind blows.

RC: *I want even enforcement*

Goodell: *You can't handle even enforcement*

[pauses]

Goodell: Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by lawyers with computers. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Kraft? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Patriots, and you curse the League Office. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That the Eagles non-punishment, while tragic, probably saved the league. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves the league. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, integrity, Article 46, integrity (intentionally repeated). We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something like the woeful Jets. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a properly inflated football, and take a three point stance. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Keep that up and I might hate Goodell more than Jerrah.

A team would have to be the one that sued. So sure, theoretically it could happen, but I am not holding my breath.

This is an interesting idea. Jets owner openly tampers (I don't care who says Woodster didn't. He did) and they get 100k. Chiefs do I really don't now what and get hit kinda hard. If the Eagles get hit pretty hard I'd be interested to see what may happen. Most likely nothing because they are part of that now well known sadistic organization that's the NFL.

It would take a private suit that we all know it'll be labeled worthless by media and the law. They need to find that one Judge that doesn't care about threats or his own career really to say lets go. Where that lawyer is, I don't know.

Jets tampered with Revis/Crabtree. -slap on the wrist/no punishment
Jets were caught filming the Patriots from an illegal location. -were asked to leave/no punishment
Jets were caught messing with the integrity of their kicking balls. -the ballboy was suspended a couple of games

Last edited:
The Patriots are judged by a harsher standard then any other team because they have been so successful. Goodell is a former Jet employee and has several other former Jet employees on his staff. It's no coincidence that all the trouble started when Goodell became Commissioner. Combine Goodell's hatred for all things Patriot and the jealousy and spitefullness of less successful Owners and you get "Limited, selective enforcement indeed." It's no longer about the rules, it's about who is on Goodell's and the Owners **** list. The Patriots have a permanent spot at the top of the list. Kansas got hit hard because they were in the same Division as the NFL's beloved Manning's Broncos. Jets get a slap on the wrist because they were in the same Div as the hateful Patriots. Manning doesn't get as much as a fine of 1 dollar for his infractions but Brady gets a 4 game suspension for something that he was generally aware that somebody else might have done and has been proved they didn't do. The best the NFL, their lawyers, the Judicial system can prove is Brady destroyed his personal cell phone, so he must be guilty of something even if they can't prove what that something is.

Sorry, rant is over. Have a good day all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back