PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Deion Branch out 9 months with torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
when greedy people chase money something bad always end up hapening to them. I make 50k per year and i would say i live a pretty comfortable life. I cant imagine some employer wanting to pay me 9 million dollars per year and for me to call that a slap in the face. These players forgot where they came from. they're the same ones that used to live in trailor parks and housing projects and were giving a free college education (im still paying my student loan) to play the game that they love and go on to the pros and now calling 9 million dollars a slap in the face. I hope to god they they get a reality check. I dont feel sorry for any of these greedy bastards that chase every penny they can get and then end up breaking their legs and out for season and forgoten.

Last edited:
Is Givens still on this earth?

Has Branch ever had a healthy season?

we'll always wonder if the pats had deion last year would they have won the superbowl?

What happened last year is an acceptable loss if this season ends with 19-0. Lets face it, there is no way many of the offseason moves would have been made if it weren't for the motivation they were given by that loss. The only tragedy is that the fetus head got to go up against the worst QB to be in a super bowl in ages.

And yes, Seattle had the wrong ambitions with Branch to begin with. They needed Steve Hutchinson, Alexander has been crap without him. Adding Deion Branch was never going to make up for what was lost in that regard.

The Patriots made out great in this deal. Caldwell dropped ball he should have caught, but he also made the biggest play against the Chargers. If you want to live with "what ifs" than start to think about what we'd be discussing if Mo Lewis hadn't delivered one hell of a wallop on Drew Bledsoe.

Normal nine month recovery. I expect the twig will be back within 2 years or so.

The only tragedy is that the fetus head got to go up against the worst QB to be in a super bowl in ages.
I assume you are talking about Roethlisberger. I don't believe Branch was in that Super Bowl. I think he got traded the following year. I could be wrong.

I assume you are talking about Roethlisberger. I don't believe Branch was in that Super Bowl. I think he got traded the following year. I could be wrong.

I meant Manning getting to go up against Rex Grossman. Roethlisberger at least made some plays.

Deion got his money and that's all that mattered to him. Don't wish an injury on anyone but I can honestly tell you I don't care one way or another what happens to Seatle Seahawk players. The bed Deion's lying in is of his own making.

He really cost us a shot last year by holding out. He has been a total bust and we have the best WRs in football. Thanks deion if you ever come back we might might a #4 spot for you.

Deion got his money and that's all that mattered to him. Don't wish an injury on anyone but I can honestly tell you I don't care one way or another what happens to Seatle Seahawk players. The bed Deion's lying in is of his own making.

Very true. Branch doesn't interest me one way or the other at this point. I would have been fine with him going elsewhere after he honored his contract with the Pats, but not the way it turned out.

He really cost us a shot last year by holding out. He has been a total bust and we have the best WRs in football. Thanks deion if you ever come back we might might a #4 spot for you.

Greedy SOB got what he deserved. More than greedy, they way he and his agent portrayed the Pats organization was downright classy. Good he got his cash. Now he can wither on IR and as a no name on Seahawks, that's even if decide to keep him. If Holmgrem leaves, the Twig will be toast.

He's done nothing since leaving here. Heck Reche Caldwell has surpassed this loser

Don't think we ever want him. He would not even crack our PS lineup.

Good riddance. Krama is biatch

While I don't wish injury on any player, I could care less that he got injured. I was a huge DB fan before he pulled the crap with holding out. I don't blame him for wanting to get his money but Asante handled it a lot better than Branch did.

I hated the way he left, and we are better now....but i always liked him. Get well soon Deion!

I don't begrudge Givens for cashing-in when he had the chance. He gave us more than I expected, and did so with toughness and professionalism. Get well soon.

Meion, OTOH, is a different story. He cost us a SB and, worse, gave one to the owner, GM, HC, QB, PK and fanboys of the dolts. I will never forgive him for that. Karma, baby!

While I was kind annoyed with Deion when left for Seattle, I also feel kind of bad for him where this injury is concerned.

He'd been fighting through injuries, and finally made his way back on the football field....just in time to tear his ACL. Kind of a bad break for him, and I don't wish injuries (especially if this severity) on anyone.

Greedy SOB got what he deserved. More than greedy, they way he and his agent portrayed the Pats organization was downright classy. Good he got his cash. Now he can wither on IR and as a no name on Seahawks, that's even if decide to keep him. If Holmgrem leaves, the Twig will be toast.

He's done nothing since leaving here. Heck Reche Caldwell has surpassed this loser

Don't think we ever want him. He would not even crack our PS lineup.

Good riddance. Krama is biatch

Classy post:rolleyes:

He has been a total bust and we have the best WRs in football. Thanks deion if you ever come back we might might a #4 spot for you.

Yeah the sad thing is the guy held out to get a "#1 receiver contract" and this year Jabar Gaffney, a guy who was a "street free agent" in '06, caught as many TD's in one season as Branch did in his best season.

We got a first round pick for a guy who was never going to do much without Brady throwing him the ball. You can debate to no end what could have happened if he stayed (like I said, I'll tolerate last year's setback for what is happening now) but the Seahawks got owned in terms of the contract they gave him and the trade compensation.

As far as Givens goes, he played out his contract and performed beyond wildest expectations, especially with the number of consecutive postseason games he had with a TD reception. I don't blame the guy one bit for capitalizing on the opportunity he created for himself. He didn't try to tear up a piece of paper with his signature on it.

Injuries like this are WHY guys are so aggressive in go for the money. I don't know how people can be so quick to hate on guys for that. I doubt BB would have second thoughts about plucking him off the wavier wire the year after next...

Both sides understand it's a business if sadly the fans do not..

I am bitter at the way it ended still, however, he was a major contributor in our superbowl wins, so I will always remember him for that.

Get well deion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back