PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT - Celtics to trade #1 overall pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
at this point does anybody think the celtics will get hayward? i dont.
Today was not a good day. Utah is making moves which totally seem like moves that Hayward said "if you do this and this, I'll stay."

Today was not a good day. Utah is making moves which totally seem like moves that Hayward said "if you do this and this, I'll stay."
such a huge bummer. i just read that ingles the player utah just resigned is haywards best friend.

A month ago, I figured Hayward was about 90%. Now, I figure 10%. I hope I'm wrong.

Amir Johnson, who some might categorize …..As Useless as Tits on a Bull….just signed an $11 million/1 year contract with Philly.
Seems to me "The Process" masterminds are either drunk or required to spend a minimum amount of cap…because I can't think of one slightly positive reason to sign this shell of a basketball player.
Congrats to the agent for pulling this heist off.

I totally support Ainge.

Luring free agents here is difficult and the Bird rights make it even harder.

Save those draft picks and build or use them to trade for Anthony Davis whichever comes first.

Summer league starts tonight at 7:00 on CSN ... fun to watch ... it's like playground hoops.

I have no idea if this is true or not but here it is:

Define successful? Roster? Start ?Pro Bowl?
The context was you're saying that the second half of the first round is the same as the 7th round in the NFL. My contention is there are far more players in the second half of the first round who go on to have successful/decent/star/all-star what have you careers then is true of NFL 7th rounders.

The Tatum Era just started
Utah summer league…Game 1 vs Philly
Tatum is the real deal….21 points…game winner….3 pointers….drives to the hoop….sweet moves with the ball…..silky smooth….poised + refined.
Draft junkies compared him to Grant Hill…..and I absolutely see it.

Not too impressed with Zizic. He was slow, awkward, not very athletic, consistently beat down the floor on fast breaks. His "renowned motor" was sputtering.
Didn't see him on the floor in the 2nd half….why, I don't know.

Fultz looked very good despite his "dad bod" :)

Tatum is the real deal….21 points…game winner….3 pointers….drives to the hoop….sweet moves with the ball…..silky smooth….poised + refined.

Not too impressed with Zizic. He was slow, awkward, not very athletic, consistently beat down the floor on fast breaks. His "renowned motor" was sputtering.

Tatum hit the game winner, but you didn't mention Jaylen Brown with 29 points and 13 boards.

Fultz, eh. 17 points on 37% shooting with 1 assist. -12.

The context was you're saying that the second half of the first round is the same as the 7th round in the NFL. My contention is there are far more players in the second half of the first round who go on to have successful/decent/star/all-star what have you careers then is true of NFL 7th rounders.
Actually I said the bottom 1/3rd.

From 20-30 in the NBA draft is almost as bad as the 7th Rd of the NBA draft

Tatum is the real thing. His best play of the game will not show up in the stats but it saved the game.

After Brown blocked Fultz's layup, the ball was up around the rim, Brown had fallen out of the play and Tatum was the lone Celtic in the area with two 76ers who actually had in side position. Tatum jumped up but he was not in position to catch the ball so he reached over the 76er player with those long arms and tapped the the ball to Nader who was off to his left. Great play!

Even in the NBA, little things win championships.

I'd like to see Danny finally land Okafor or maybe Nerlens Noel. I'm all for blowing this team up and going tankapalooza for Luca Doncic next year and Zion Williamson the year after.

Thanks for the write up

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference