PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Booger McFarland officially placed on IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I would have posted this in the original Booger thread, but it had evolved into a pissing contest over penalty calls and parade attendance.

Tony oddly danced with this one for a couple of days. Not sure why they pulled the trigger now if there ever really was a shot at him making it back before the playoffs since Polian is insisting (as with Glenn) they will replace him from the existing roster...

Colts place McFarland on injured reserve
By Mike Chappell
[email protected]

IRVING, Texas -- What had been speculated became a reality today when the Indianapolis Colts placed Anthony McFarland on the NFL's injured reserve list, ending his season.

McFarland suffered a torn patella tendon in one of his knees last Friday during a training camp practice. He underwent surgery on Tuesday.
The Colts acquired McFarland last October in a trade with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Prior to tonight's preseason game against the Dallas Cowboys in Texas Stadium, president Bill Polian reiterated the team's intention to fill McFarland's spot in the starting lineup with someone already on the roster. The list of candidates includes third-round draft pick Quinn Pit****, seventh-round pick Keyunta Dawson and return veterans Darrell Reid and Dan Klecko.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/SPORTS03/708090554/1100

I think they wanted to be absolutely sure there is no way he could return this season. Last year when Dallas hurt his knee, many thought at first that he was done for the year. Good thing for the Colts that they didn't IR him. I think they wanted to be sure that a Rod Woodson type of last season recovery was out of the question. Just my two cents.

With all the lack of depth on the Indy defense,Peyton may have to have his BEST year in scoring points for the Colts to even sniff a chance at going deep in the playoffs.

This year may be even more on Peyton Mannings shoulders than ever before

Frankly-the last thing I want to see on ANY team are injuries. Best wishes to Booger, hope he recovers well for '08.

With that being said, Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Deuce McCalister, and Reggie Bush are already FOAMING at their mouths.

Bill Polian reiterated the team's intention to fill McFarland's spot in the starting lineup with someone already on the roster. The list of candidates includes third-round draft pick Quinn Pit****, seventh-round pick Keyunta Dawson and return veterans Darrell Reid and Dan Klecko.
I think their best option is Dan Klecko. I always liked him and I think he fits the Indy scheme better than he did ours. Good luck to Dan (except when he plays the Pats).

Last edited:
Schadenfreude!!!

Nice if Dan Klecko gets the chance.

Frankly-the last thing I want to see on ANY team are injuries. Best wishes to Booger, hope he recovers well for '08.

With that being said, Sean Payton, Drew Brees, Deuce McCalister, and Reggie Bush are already FOAMING at their mouths.

Think of McFarland's rep. Many years of not giving his best effort, 8-10 games of playing all out.

Who could tell me if he would have been of benefit to Indy at all this year even healthy?

I would have posted this in the original Booger thread, but it had evolved into a pissing contest over penalty calls and parade attendance.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070809/SPORTS03/708090554/1100

I've been away, so must have missed the original booger thread. Mo, I'm shamelessly highjacking this just to say I'm sure that I wouldn't have been able to handle that particular thread. Was it long? Colorful? Someone please hand the man a hanky!!!:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft