PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: All Rejoice- CBS Dumps Dan Fouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Fouts is an incompetent drunk but I too always found him entertaining.

But... but... but... Fouts seemed so on top of his game in "The Waterboy". :rolleyes:

I can't even bring myself to agree with your first sentence. I can't count the number of times Fouts said something that was so nonsensical or flat out wrong that I wondered if he'd ever seen a game.
Announcers are not required to undergo the concussion protocol.

I am going to miss Dan Fouts. No matter how many beers I drank as a Patriots game went along, Dan Fouts was always at least two steps behind seeing what actually happened right in front of his eyes. His kids should take away the car keys.

It has been remarkably consistent and funny, and sometimes maddening. But I'd love it if someone would put together a greatest hits of his announcing during Pats games.

Your sentence structure makes it sound as if you believed your level of drunkenness had an oppositional effect on Fouts' broadcasting ability. The effort is appreciated, but at a certain point, you are disqualified from judging the results.

Last edited:
Glad he is gone. Completely unrelated, I hate watching games on Fox. They have far too many closeups presnap and you never get to see the whole formations. Its always close up of QB, closeup of receiver, closeup of something else then snap.
Fox does that on everything; it really ruins their broadcasts. Watch their World Series coverage and you’ll see the pitcher’s nose hairs as he’s leaning in to get the sign.

It has been remarkably consistent and funny, and sometimes maddening. But I'd love it if someone would put together a greatest hits of his announcing during Pats games.

You sentence structure makes it sound as if you believed your level of drunkenness had an oppositional effect on Fouts' broadcasting ability. The effort is appreciated, but at a certain point, you are disqualified from judging the results.

Right you are. Usually, I am disqualified from judging the results before they release the inactives list before every Patriots - Jets game.

Fox does that on everything; it really ruins their broadcasts. Watch their World Series coverage and you’ll see the pitcher’s nose hairs as he’s leaning in to get the sign.

I mean why not...the Astros do it...

Anyone remember Nantz’s first year in 2004? Holy crap is was like he never left the golf course. It took him quite some to time to up his energy and Romo finally helped him wake up.

Jim Nantz was never one of my favorites.
I didn't like the way he was always trying to interject himself into the Masters with his crappy unlike no other baloney. Then there's that stuff where he "honors" a player from the NCAA basketball tourney by giving the kid one of his ties. Wow! what an honor for the kid.
Then there's the talk that he carries around a photo of toast cooked the way he likes it, so he won't have to waste his valuable time sending it back.
But he topped it all when he became the original Tuckhead after the Snow Bowl. His immediate and incessant whining about the rule took away from a great game, the last to be played at the old stadium.

Jim Nantz was never one of my favorites.
I didn't like the way he was always trying to interject himself into the Masters with his crappy unlike no other baloney. Then there's that stuff where he "honors" a player from the NCAA basketball tourney by giving the kid one of his ties. Wow! what an honor for the kid.
Then there's the talk that he carries around a photo of toast cooked the way he likes it, so he won't have to waste his valuable time sending it back.
But he topped it all when he became the original Tuckhead after the Snow Bowl. His immediate and incessant whining about the rule took away from a great game, the last to be played at the old stadium.
That's really weird about the toast. I didn't like how he and Sims reacted during the 2006 AFCCG encouraging the "face guarding"penalty on the Pats. It's not like the refs can hear it, but the refs would've taken more criticism making up a foul like that.

Do you why he replaced Gumbel? It seemed really unnecessary at that time and CBS was a downgrade for years.

ESPN wanted Drew Brees for MNF but look like when he retires hes going to NBC

Could you imagine the outrage here if Brady had already committed to a post-playing role as an analyst?! He DoEsNt CaRe AbOuT FoOtBaLl!!!

Nantz is just awful. I can't stand his boring, boring voice.

Nantz is just awful. I can't stand his boring, boring voice.

If he's paired with someone exciting, he can be good in a complimentary role. But paired with Fouts...just no.

The best news I've heard in a few months!!!

I agree with whoever mentioned Greg Gumbel and Trent Green. I like Gumbel a lot (part of it's nostalgia related) and Green provides decent insight as a former QB. They should be the #2 slot.

No way should Ian Eagle and Charles Davis be #2. How did Gumbel go from doing SuperBowls to the #3 slot?

I agree with whoever mentioned Greg Gumbel and Trent Green. They should be the #2 slot. No way should Ian Eagle and Charles Davis be #2. How did Gumbel go from doing SuperBowls to the #3 slot?
CBS actually swapped him and Nance in 2004 for whatever reason. Nantz was originally in the studio doing the pre game show which I though he was better at. Then Gumbel got out of the studio doing games a few years ago. CBS has been playing musical chairs and it's not a good thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST