PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: A good sign: It's snowing in San Diego

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: OT: It's snowing in San Diego

while it's a little chilly for us San Diegans today, even in January, there will be no snow tomorrow and there will not even be rain. Forecast is sunny skies and temps in the 50's.

I know.....you are laughing that I say in the 50's in January is cold.

I'll Take It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d

while it's a little chilly for us San Diegans today, even in January, there will be no snow tomorrow and there will not even be rain. Forecast is sunny skies and temps in the 50's.

I know.....you are laughing that I say in the 50's in January is cold.

Well, we're laughing because its warmer in New England right now than it is in SD! Though this weird weather is downright frightening.

Still - the New England Patriots arrive in San Diego and it begins to snow. You've got to admit, that's a bit forboding for your team!

Last edited:

There's a picture of a thermometer reading 50 degrees.

50 degrees? Cold?

:rofl:

I love watching those Southern California newscasts. Only there would they send out a reporter just to show how "cold" 50 degrees is. ("I'm wearing a coat over my suit and I'm still cold!")

Only in Southern California would there be a state-issued report telling you the "dangers" of when temperatures "drop" to 50 degrees.

You want "cold?" Go to Barrow, AK. Right now, it's -14 with a wind chill of -46.

Here's our temperatures, tssd88, for this week:

Sun - 37/32
Mon - 34/27
Tue - 30/10
Wed - 19/6 (Windchill -10)
Thu - 27/23
Fri - 41/28
Sat - 35/23
Sun - 36/19
Mon - 33/23

It reached 68 a week ago today. Welcome to New England.

Compare the average temperature graphs between Boston and San Diego. Notice how there are actually seasons in Boston:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recr...nthly/graph/USCA0982?from=36hr_bottomnav_golf

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recr...nthly/graph/USMA0046?from=36hr_bottomnav_golf

Last edited:

50 degrees? Cold?

Hey, it's going to dip down to 22 degrees in El Cajon tonight. That's cold in anyone's book.

Hey, it's going to dip down to 22 degrees in El Cajon tonight. That's cold in anyone's book.

22 isn't that bad.

12 is. 2 is.

50 degrees? Cold?

I love watching those Southern California newscasts. Only there would they send out a reporter just to show how "cold" 50 degrees is. ("I'm wearing a coat over my suit and I'm still cold!")

Only in Southern California would there be a state-issued report telling you the "dangers" of when temperatures "drop" to 50 degrees.

You want "cold?" Go to Barrow, AK. Right now, it's -14 with a wind chill of -46.

Here's our temperatures, tssd88, for this week:

Sun - 37/32
Mon - 34/27
Tue - 30/10
Wed - 19/6 (Windchill -10)
Thu - 27/23
Fri - 41/28
Sat - 35/23
Sun - 36/19
Mon - 33/23

It reached 68 a week ago today. Welcome to New England.

Compare the average temperature graphs between Boston and San Diego. Notice how there are actually seasons in Boston:

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recr...nthly/graph/USCA0982?from=36hr_bottomnav_golf

http://www.weather.com/outlook/recr...nthly/graph/USMA0046?from=36hr_bottomnav_golf

50's is cold to me. I don't like snow and can do without "seasons" I like the sunshine. That's just me though, not saying it's for everyone.

now the real question......am I going to have to actually wear long pants and shoes to the game tomorrow?

Forecast says high of 58 tomorrow so this shouldn't make any difference - unless the forecast is wrong.

Please enjoy the snow Pats Fans. We are known for being great hosts before and after the game just not during it.:)

Last week it was cold here... for here. Down to the mid-50s. The amazing thing: 300+ people were hospitalized for cold-related injuries. I'm not kidding.

Patjew, the amazing thing to many of us who grew up in Asia are the "heat waves" that you guys get when the temps are just in the 90's! Different perspectives I guess.

San Diego South Brees-Bush-Carney are taking care of business.:)

Patjew, the amazing thing to many of us who grew up in Asia are the "heat waves" that you guys get when the temps are just in the 90's! Different perspectives I guess.

Funny you say that! When my wife was laughing about the "cold" weather here, I told her people here probably *laugh* when people in the U.S. end up hospitalized when it's "only" 95 out.

I've been to San Deigo twice. Both times it has rained. Once it was actually a steady rain and the city near shut down for a time. People were pulling over, roads were closed. It was nuts.

I've been to San Deigo twice. Both times it has rained. Once it was actually a steady rain and the city near shut down for a time. People were pulling over, roads were closed. It was nuts.

Happened to me there, too. It rained, all of the oil came up to the surface of the roads and the highway became like an ice rink.

I do think SD is a beautiful city, though. Hope no Pats went to Tijuana last night.

Last edited:
Happened to me there, too. It rained, all of the oil came up to the surface of the roads and the highway became like an ice rink.

I do think SD is a beautiful city, though. Hope no Pats went to Tijuana last night.

SD is a fabulous city. I have been there many times and it has been sunny and in the 80s every time. Even in January. Even in August. Good food, nice people, attractions, beaches. It's a nice place to visit.

20's and 30's is butt-kicking cold when you're not used to it. And we in San Diego definitely aren't used to it.

I lived in northern Pennsylvania with a friend of mine for a couple years and I got used to the cold after awhile. When I first got back to Cali I laughed at people who were putting on sweaters when it dropped below 60. 50 degrees was t-shirt weather for me. But now I'm not used to it any more. It's 25-degrees outside my house right now and it feels real cold to me.

Because it rains so rarely here the roads build up a layer of oil and tire rubber on them. Then when it rains the roads become really slick. That's when all the out-of-staters who don't expect the lack of traction start getting into accidents, and then the roads get totally borked. Traffic's bad enough out here without 8 or 9 simultaneous traffic accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes