PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Original title was major clickbait] Adam Jones from WEEI thinks Patriots should trade Mac Jones for Trey Lance

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Would you trade Mac Jones for Trey Lance?

• 1 - Yes, Let's go for the higher Upside

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • 2 - No, I'm sticking with team Mac

Votes: 25 35.2%
  • 3 - Maybe if we get something extra back in return?

Votes: 7 9.9%
  • 4 - RLKAG

Votes: 33 46.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Absolutely. Mac has performed well at one point and is not coming back from a serious injury. I’m not doing that trade. I think Mac is our best realistic option going forward.

I also am happy the RLKAG is performing well in the poll.

So here is the tweet concerning the Mac Jones for Lance rumor:

Would you do it? Do you believe in Trey Lance's upside or do you go with maybe a 'safer' play and stay with Mac Jones?

I agree with holyredeemer. Where is the rumor? It is a thought by Adam Jones? A made up hypothetical?

Folks wonder why WEEI is consistently so low in the ratings?? Anything to get them noticed by creating controversy/nontroversy.
Just throwing crap against the wall and see if anything sticks...

Of all the ridiculous QB rumors, this is the worst. Mac is a good QB, he just needs a capable OC, WRs that can get open, and protection. He has as good an arm as anyone in the NFL, but does not have the supporting cast. Sure, he is not as mobile as some QBs, but neither was Tom Brady.

Tre Lance? That was SF's blunder; let's not make it the Patriots also. And that salary...

Last edited:
Kraft would fire BB before trading Mac.

This isn't a rumor. A rumor is someone saying it is happening or being considered. This is a discussion where one guy says we should do that and then they discuss it to get interest going. Misleading thread title, you should be better, big waste of time.

Yeah, not to pile on, but this is such blatant misinformation that it needs to be publicly shamed. There's no reason to title it the way you did based on that tweet unless you were intentionally trying to stir something up. Going to ignore the thread now, but come on man.

Lance is a project that should have been drafted in the 3rd Rd not #3, and they gave up multiple first rd picks to trade up to get him?

LOL of the people whining at the OP thread title...
I 100% believe Bill the GM would get rid off Mac Jones for a third round pick if he could get it. It is obvious that since Jones dared show displeasure with the "offensive" coaching last year that he has been on Bill the Coach's sh#tlist. If he could get Lance for Jones Bill the GM would do it in a heartbeat. Obviously, Bill the GM would have to convince the owner. Bill the Coach and his handpicked OC can't even bring themselves to MENTION Mac Jones by name! The Coaches hate Mac Jones down at One Patriot Place. Bill the Coach and Bill the OC can't even bring themselves to say one positive thing about their first round draft pick quarterback...it's really pathetic and shows how vindictive and childish they are down there. Lest we forget Bill the Coach couldn't even wear Kraft's anti-semitism pin in the proper place - the guy wore it down under his belly button. Give me a break.

LOL of the people whining at the OP thread title...
I 100% believe Bill the GM would get rid off Mac Jones for a third round pick if he could get it. It is obvious that since Jones dared show displeasure with the "offensive" coaching last year that he has been on Bill the Coach's sh#tlist. If he could get Lance for Jones Bill the GM would do it in a heartbeat. Obviously, Bill the GM would have to convince the owner. Bill the Coach and his handpicked OC can't even bring themselves to MENTION Mac Jones by name! The Coaches hate Mac Jones down at One Patriot Place. Bill the Coach and Bill the OC can't even bring themselves to say one positive thing about their first round draft pick quarterback...it's really pathetic and shows how vindictive and childish they are down there. Lest we forget Bill the Coach couldn't even wear Kraft's anti-semitism pin in the proper place - the guy wore it down under his belly button. Give me a break.
The curse of the Bambino 2023?

History always repeats itself.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes