PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Player Departure OL James Ferentz Retires

Bryant is coming off a pretty good season.

Seriously, anyone who still thinks Bryant is a bad football player after last year wasn't actually watching him play, but just went in thinking he's exactly the same guy as previous years. He's never going to be a corner that you man up against top receivers (especially the speedier ones), but he's a smart, tough, player who is above average in zone. He's actually more like a short area safety than the corner, which has value in itself. And he was paid on that scale, so people complaining were just complaining for the sake of it.

As for Ferentz, aside from no longer having Bill as his coach (who loved him), I think it makes some sense if they're going to be teaching the OL a bit differently under the new regime. Ferentz had value because he was versatile and could teach the system to younger players. A "break glass in case of emergency" guy. But if they're running a more west coast offense with more zone blocking, he's not really the subject matter expert anymore.

Still, unlike some, I thank Ferentz for his play here. More lunch-pail than red jacket type of guy, but I liked him.

It was by you of course.
I am interested to know why it is not showing below in the Similar Threads section though
@Ian Is this a flaw ?
That should have shown it, but the index seems to be a bit wonky at times. Prepping for a server update, which I'm hoping will resolve a few backend issues I keep running into. Hoping to maybe to that in the next week or so, depending on how much I can get done this week.

Sorry that I didn't see the thread before.. I honestly didn't scroll down enough.. or pay attention to the "similar" Got a lot on my mind..

Sorry that I didn't see the thread before.. I honestly didn't scroll down enough.. or pay attention to the "similar" Got a lot on my mind..
LOL, I did the same thing a couple of weeks ago. All good. ;)

I can’t believe he didn’t mention Belichick in sentence one since he single-handedly revived this marginal practice squad player’s career. When Karras, a versatile and good player, left for a mere million extra BB was content to ride the waves with this guy. Great guy, no doubt. Coaches’s son. Kirk Ferentz is a hall of famer college coach with strong ties to BB.

But that was a dang coaching mistake by BB. He should have brought in someone else. Never tried.

What Quinnen Williams did to him was comical.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back