PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL Super Bowl Bucs/Chiefs Game Thread

I like barrett but i feel he’s a product of the vea effect. I don’t think the Bucs will overpay for him. Won’t be shocked if they let him go if he wants big money.

I like barrett but i feel he’s a product of the vea effect. I don’t think the Bucs will overpay for him. Won’t be shocked if they let him go if he wants big money.

There’s nothing more wasteful than paying big for an edge rusher.

No one deserves to watch a super bowl loss more than Brittany Matthews.
His mother pretending that the reason the GOAT won was because of officiating and trying to minimize his accomplishments was a scumbag move. It definitely raises some questions about her character and mental health. But the fiance? I have no problem with it. It's not the classiest look by the fiance of the starting QB of one of the teams. And it's a bit whiny. But she's human. We've all done it at one point. I will never get over the fact that every single member of the Giants Oline was committing a hold on the helmet catch. A penalty being called there would have given us a winl. But it is what it is. I can understand being frustrated and even a bit irrational in the moment. Giselle's comment about Brady's teammates were FAR worse.

His mother pretending that the reason the GOAT won was because of officiating and trying to minimize his accomplishments was a scumbag move. It definitely raises some questions about her character and mental health. But the fiance? I have no problem with it. It's not the classiest look by the fiance of the starting QB of one of the teams. And it's a bit whiny. But she's human. We've all done it at one point. I will never get over the fact that every single member of the Giants Oline was committing a hold on the helmet catch. A penalty being called there would have given us a winl. But it is what it is. I can understand being frustrated and even a bit irrational in the moment. Giselle's comment about Brady's teammates were FAR worse.

The queefs have gotten away with holding all year. It’a ridiculous. They started to finally call it on them. Very undisciplined tonight. They got dominated in the trenches end of story.

just pointing out a fact, as inconvenient as it may be

if a complete buffoon like Arians can take a wild card team w Brady and win a SB it adds more fuel to the fire that perhaps Coach Bill isn't the be all and end all that many think he is and perhaps after all these years maybe is was mostly Brady as the reason for the teams success
Your facts are as usual useless . Just talking the way the wind blows. What is the record for auerbach without russell or walsh without montana or whatever coach combo you choose? Its always about the team. Are you saying phil jackson is greater than jordan because he won without jordan ?
And to repeat, you killed brady last yr that he gave up on the team and now are killing BB that he gave up on brady. Your analysis and "fact" is as narrowminded or shortsighted as they come, almost like the media .

Can't sleep so may as well post! 5 thoughts on this game I don't think are being mentioned enough.

1 - Brady's impact on this game. While it was clearly a team win and the defense deserves all the praise it is getting, Brady played a great game and was firmly in control most of the way. He often got the ball out quickly. Part of it was due to design but part of it was him making reads. He didn't make a single bad pass this game. That Int that was turned over by a penalty was fluky. So I'm glad he didn't get nailed for it. Some moments not being talked about enough this game by Brady. Before that 3rd TD pass Brady was yelling at the sideline to keep the same personel in after KC's last timeout. He certainly felt he could exploit something, and was proven right. Another big play is when he fell on that high snap as opposed to trying to make something happen. Once he was in control of the game he never even gave it the chance to get away from him. He passed 20 times in the first half and 9 in the second. He made plays in the second half when needed, but he let the game come to him otherwise once in control. It wasn't flashy, but people who understand the game will see it as the master class of slowly strangling the other team to death. He would have had 4 TDs if Haeg didn't drop one, and maybe even 5 if not for the bad snap which stalled a drive. The final two drives they were more focused trying to bleed clock than score. Even if the Buc's D didn't do what it did tonight, Brady and this offense could have possibly scored 40 if they really needed to the way they were playing.

2 - Kelce's impact felt empty. Kelce had 10 catches for 133 yards. And it led to very little. This is something opposing teams need to look at carefully next year. Kelce gets open, but he isn't explosive. Letting KC get the ball in Kelce's hand is clearly the much better of the two options. They also gave him special attention on 3rd down. I talked a lot about this before the game. That Kelce is their 3rd down guy. They realized that and played him tight those downs and were fine to let him feast on less meaningful ones if it meant making sure Hill or Hardman couldn't get behind them. This is a blueprint the rest of the league should look at very closely. I think there may be something to it. Not that it will shut down KC typically, but I think this is the way every team should play them.

3 - Special Teams - The Bucs dominated this part of the game. Pringle had a good 41 yard return, but it wasn't back breaking. And perhaps even more importantly, why the heck was he returning punts? Why not put the ball in the hands of Hardman or Hill? Stupid! Townstead had 2 very bad punts and they didn't help the KC cause. Both FG kickers were perfect. That offsides stands out big time on 4th down. This is twice against Brady KC's committed a huge off sides penalty. It won't get the spotlight it deserves in hindsight, but it was big in the first half.

4 - KC's LBs need an upgrade - They have been bad since 2019. They were slapped around tonight big time. If the Bucs meet KC again, I don't see them not being able to impliment a similar offensive game plan if they have the vast majority of the same personnel. Keep in mind, the KC D was healthy in this game. This was their A team, and while it is certainly good in certain spots, this is a problem they need to fix. As they are now, if they play TB again next year in the super bowl with the same issue I don't see how TB shouldn't be considered the favorite again all things being equal.

5 - The Bucs interior held up really well vs Jones. This was the best match up KC had on paper against the Bucs O. Some back up vs Chris Jones. was damn near invisible all game. And yet he is lost in the mix. He absolutely deserves some heat. Imagine the boost it would have given KC while down if Jones beat that back up to get a strip sack on Brady. It could have turned the game around, and he had a match up he should have been able to exploit to do it. Chris Jones deserves a ton of blame for his under performance.

PS: Godwin needs to be thought over carefully by the Bucs. He had a bad run these playoffs, got injured a fair amount this year, not unlike last year. And most importantly Brady and him aren't syncing up enough. They've had some very nice plays at times, but this year has not worked out nearly as well as they hoped. If I was the Bucs, I would have a serious discussion about if they are trying to perhaps force a square peg in a round hole or if it was just truly a fluky year. It is a big decision for them with huge cap ramifications.

Last edited:
Brady never did a 4 games to Glory before. Wonder if he will be in it ( and no, I won’t buy it ).
I will, but I'm not the bestest Patriots fan ever I guess.

@BobDigital , thanks for your thoughts. I am just going to watch the highlights and will use this to help me look out for the plays. Must admit I did decide not to watch this live due to the time difference ....maybe I should have watched it:oops:

Godwin needs to be thought over carefully by the Bucs. He had a bad run these playoffs, got injured a fair amount this year, not unlike last year. And most importantly Brady and him aren't syncing up enough. They've had some very nice plays at times, but this year has not worked out nearly as well as they hoped. If I was the Bucs, I would have a serious discussion about if they are trying to perhaps force a square peg in a round hole or if it was just truly a fluky year. It is a big decision for them with huge cap ramifications.
I don’t really know what you are talking about. Yes he had some drops in the playoff but I think completely the opposite. Brady has a better connection with Godwin than with Evans. He had 840 yds in 12 games that would have been 1120 yards over a full season. Without the injuries, he would have been their best receiver. Evans is kind of a one trick pony in my mind. Godwin is much more versatile

But you are talking about a 7-9 team with Jameis Winston as QB. That is going from a bottom tier QB to a top tier QB.

Let's say the Pats trade for Carson Wentz and put a lot more pieces around him next year. If the Pats win the Super Bowl next year, are we going to give Wentz all the credit for it?

Brady definitely was a key piece this year, but the Bucs were a lot closer to being a contender than people give them credit for.

of course right even though this wasn’t said in September haha

Mama Mahomes is taking it well.

After further dissection of her twitter account and knowing NOTHING about her prior, I hereby declare her a classless A-hole.

The fact that she went @ Gisele is so cringe. The women in Patrick’s life are bottom feeders.

Mama Mahomes is taking it well.

After further dissection of her twitter account and knowing NOTHING about her prior, I hereby declare her a classless A-hole.

I wonder what her thoughts were about the helmet to helmet no call in the Browns game - that was the difference between the Chiefs beating the Browns and going one and done.

Do we? If you/others don't enjoy the discussion, that's fine. You can ignore threads or individual posters, or, I don't know, just be an adult and brush it off/not let it bother you if that's how you feel. It's one of the biggest personnel mistakes in Boston sports history, right up there with Seguin in recent memory and Babe Ruth if you want to go back that far. It's part of the narrative of the GOAT QB and there is nothing wrong with talking about it on a Patriots fan forum.

It's not a personnel mistake.

You, and others like Biffins refuse to accept the fact that Tom didn't want to be here.

It can't be a mistake if a player doesn't want to play for your team.

Same goes for Gronk.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back