PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Preseason ( Week 1) Gameday Thread: Saints @ Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god. I can only imagine. Immediate, knee-jerk reactions spewing of negativity.

It's the game day threads x1000
Yeah, it absolutely was. But Bertrand and DeOssie at least kept things pretty tame and even "checked" a few callers who were particularly asinine in their declarations.

I just don't get how people seem to generally be dumping on the kid when you consider everything else - throwing to the B thru F squad (Bennett being perhaps the only thing keeping it from C thru F), a shaky at best OLine for various reasons and no running game to speak of for most of his time in the game. What?

He clearly had trouble progressing from read 1 to 2, though. He was slow at that. I can understand where some of the criticism is coming from but, at the same time, the OL once again sucked a bag of them in pass protection so it's hard to create an overall evaluation one way or another.

Few takeaways:
On the past 2 drafts.
2015- Patriots could come out of it with 2 huge DL pieces, a starting guard & C, & a stud STer.

Normally if you get 3 starters out of a draft, it was a good one so 2015 looks good so far.

2016- Pats have their LG of the future, and 24 & 19 will be starting sooner rather than later. Also maybe landed backup QB + rotation DT. Great.

He clearly had trouble progressing from read 1 to 2, though. He was slow at that. I can understand where some of the criticism is coming from but, at the same time, the OL once again sucked a bag of them in pass protection so it's hard to create an overall evaluation one way or another.
I'm not saying he doesn't deserve any criticism. I'm just saying it's a bit overstated. One caller yesterday was talking 0-4. C'mon.

Last edited:
You should have heard some of the call ins on 98.5 after the game. One word - PATHETIC.

Please don't write this as a recommendation! Time listening to sports radio in the Boston market is a miserable way to spend any portion of a lifetime. It is a formula for ending up in the "I could use your thoughts and prayers" thread.

Veddy interesting...

He has a tough road to hoe with RG, MB, 3 QBS and a plethora of RBS and WRs, but I'm not ruling him out to make the squad.

The OL was inconsistent, but JAG often had plenty of time, and most of his mistakes weren't OL-failure based pressure related. People are overstating the OL pass protection problems from last night.

"It's the first exhibition game" is a much better defense for JAG's issues than "the OL didn't get it done".

Please don't write this as a recommendation! Time listening to sports radio in the Boston market is a miserable way to spend any portion of a lifetime. It is a formula for ending up in the "I could use your thoughts and prayers" thread.
Wow, glad you're making light of a real situation that I was going through in my life at that time, man. Way to be. Nonetheless, I fought hard and I'm mostly good now. Thanks.

Someone likes it here.......

Yeah, but money is money. If he has a good to great year, he's likely gone. :(
Only if its to a good team. He's stated he wants to be on a winner. I could see him taking less to remain. Him and his brother are super competitive.

Perhaps you're right. But after being in about a billion different teams, especially Chicago with such turmoil last year, I think success will breed contempt for him. Wishful thinking on my part? Yeah, but that's all I have to go on at the moment.

Perhaps you're right. But after being in about a billion different teams, especially Chicago with such turmoil last year, I think success will breed contempt for him. Wishful thinking on my part? Yeah, but that's all I have to go on at the moment.

Bennett may be a different kind of animal. He seems very intelligent and will do best under intelligent management run by people he respects, like the Pats under BB.

He may take less to remain part of this, as he's already been part of lesser organizations, and should know the grass isn't aways greener.

Last edited:

Only if its to a good team. He's stated he wants to be on a winner. I could see him taking less to remain. Him and his brother are super competitive.

Bennett may be a different kind of animal. He seems very intelligent and will do best under intelligent management run by people he respects like the Pats under BB.

He may take less to remain part of this, as he's already been part of lessor organizations, and should know the grass isn't aways greener.

Gotta love these posts in light of:

Former DE Jones Says Patriots "Not known for really paying guys over there"

You should have heard some of the call ins on 98.5 after the game. One word - PATHETIC.
Most Boston fans aren't happy unless they're miserable. It's quite the phenomenon when you consider our success compared to everybody else.

Most Boston fans aren't happy unless they're miserable. It's quite the phenomenon when you consider our success compared to everybody else.
I realize. New Yorkers at least acknowledge the good a person does while trashing him. LOL

My post was me keeping in mind that we have Gronk (who has reportedly been in talks to re-work his deal), Collins, High and Butler all due. Then there's Jabaal Sheard, who I am still hoping in some way we can keep, though I feel that might be the biggest long shot of all. In that equation, Bennett is the least important, IMO. There's just not enough to go around with the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye