PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Thread OFFICIAL Post Game Thread - Patriots Fall to Chiefs 27-17

Immediate Postgame Reactions
I don't normally do this type of post but I have to ask - where are these numbers you speak of? Because most of the things I've read say that this is simply not true. The success rate of all players drafted in the first round is not that high and it gets worse when you limit that to QBs.
Most measurements of draft efficiency or effectiveness start and stop in increments of 32.

festy is right;

……,

The numbers don't lie. Statistically the higher you pick the better the player is.
but you will likely never see an analysis that lays that hit rate out as a smooth line from pick 1 to say: 96.

they will just tell you that 1st rounders have a 40-50% chance of a career. 2d rndrs 30-40; 3rd round 20-30 etc …. (note: these % are just my WAGs - don’t shoot me for admittedly making **** up).

Most measurements of draft efficiency or effectiveness start and stop in increments of 32.

festy is right;

but you will likely never see an analysis that lays that hit rate out as a smooth line from pick 1 to say: 96.

they will just tell you that 1st rounders have a 40-50% chance of a career. 2d rndrs 30-40; 3rd round 20-30 etc …. (note: these % are just my WAGs - don’t shoot me for admittedly making **** up).
There's also a huge difference between picking a QB and any other position up high, in that, the true high-performance, physical attributes guys (the OTs at 315+ with long arms and quick feet), the fast WR who runs great routes and shows good hands...well, those guys stand out. The Aaron Donalds and Micah Parsons really have to screw up to suck in the NFL.
But QB is very, very different, as the majority of success at that position is in the head. Can the guy make the next jump and handle the tremendous pressure? Who knows?

I am late. Just too many mistakes. They could have won, maybe.

can someone explain to me how Zappe looks so good in the 1st half and so garbage in the 2nd? its not even close. its like 2 separate QB's are playing.

granted, just like Mac he has gotten 50% pressure rate. he's just handled it abit better imo

Micah Parsons was available though. In hindsight that was the right pick if the Pats were in position to get him.
But that’s like saying we should pick OT or MHJ instead of QB. You get shouted down by the QB is everything crowd. Even though 2021 and McCorkle is the perfect example of the fallacy in that view.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back