PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything else on the Mac Jones situation?

That was a tough game to watch. Those stretch run plays where our 360lb left tackle can’t get to the side fast enough and our RB gets hit 3 yds behind the line of scrimmage. Talk about a square peg in a round hole. Then we run our small WR up the middle on a key 3rd and 4 which had no chance of success. I’m also afraid we’ll ruin Mac without the proper people in place to develop him.

Nothing unexpected today. My primary concern is not ruining the development of Jones. We have seen many good young QB’s ruined by coaching changes and a bad o-line. At some point Kraft needs to be like, “hire real coaches or you are fired.”

Only thing I care about this season is how Mac does.

Not off to a good start.
I have not been impressed with Mac since that windy game at the Bills last season. I thought his work with Tom House will have brought outs some velocity but seems his accuracy for shot passes have been impacted by whatever they did this offseason.

Great effort today in all 3 phases. Just came up a bit short. If they correctly call the DPI and the INT doesn't happen, I think the Pats go on to win. Playing with the lead would have been a huge boost for the team.

Limping. Not great

Limping is a heck of a lot better than his arm facing the wrong direction or something. And the fact they're letting him walk around would suggest it's not horrible. He might not win any footraces this week, unless Brady surprise-visits the facility.

Well, TJ Watt has a pec injury…

Since there will be plenty of people focusing on the negatives, I will point out some of the positives.

The Pats’ defense only gave up 13 points today. The defense looks to be pretty good even without JC Jackson and a revamped LB Corp. I mean they still need to work on some things, but a positive sign for that side of the ball.

Dugger looks like he is getting to the next level. He looks to be a Pro Bowler.

Judon looks to be closer to the first half of last year’s form compared to post bye week last year.

The run defense was great today. Consider it was a major liability last year, that is a huge positive. Granted Miami is not a great running team.

Looks like Jake Bailey is back to his All Pro form. The placements of his punts were perfect.

It is the first game of the season. You look at the first week of the season every year and there are teams that get blown out that make it into the playoffs and teams that look like world beaters the first week and miss the playoffs. It is a long season and there are a lot football to be played.
We moved the ball very well at times. Defense held them to 13 points but Tua missed some throws and they could have got points at the end of the game. Still I think we beat them in Foxboro

A lot of throws were uncharacteristically off for him. I was wondering if there was an injury.
After the roughing the passer hit he looked a bit shook up.

Like I've been saying they don't have many playmakers and belichick didn't do a ton to improve the talent this off season.

I didn't think the defense was horrible, and the running game worked for a little while but overall the offense is a disaster. Jones is never going to make it through the whole year with this offensive line.

Think Stillers are tougher coming off a tough loss or a close win over the great Bengals?

Hmmm... I thought he was injured during some part of the game but I dismissed it. Watch him after the hit that caused the fumble. If upperbody injury, then something happened there, if lower body then it was the roughing the passing situation.

Mac's arm looked bad. Real bad. The throw to agholor which was fumbled was a pretty bad throw. Too high not giving time for agholor to tuck. If Mac is gonna throw hospital balls or just soft short balls it's going to be a long season.

I felt his deep throws were all rainbows . I don't feel confident. Mac can only do short throws which means we need to play mistake free football as every freaking drive is over 6 minutes . Not at all promising .

If we have a below 7 win season I can see the seat under belichick become super hot . Belichick has just 2023 season to get the ship back on track , else it's curtains .

Also seem to have the same cold we had last September. Move the ball up and down the field and come away with zilch. To many of those drives. Have to be able finish them. And definitely don't have them end by a series of negative plays or penalties.

Crazy that Brian Hoyer may actually start in week two if this injury is bad…did not see that one coming…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back