PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Thread- Dolphins beat the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Kyle Pitts in the 1st round, then pick up a QB in the second round. I wouldn’t mind seeing a Kyle Trask type. I’m thinking he’ll be a second day pick.
Watching the Gators game last night, I was thinking if I were going all offense at the top of the draft, this is what I'd hope would somewhat realistically happen.

It's such a strange feeling, being out of playoff contention by Christmas ! Let's now try and improve our draft position. I am actually really sad and depressed about this season. It started with so much promise and went south fast and in a hurry after week 3 !

Who are the 6? Lawrence, Lance, Fields. I see Jones at 4th, I doubt Trask goes ahead of him

I hear you. Mac has risen a lot on boards the last month. Depends on who you ask. I hope he stays low and people talk themselves out of this kid. I love profiles of guys who are criticized for not having a rocket arm but have excellent timing, rhythm, accuracy, locker room leaders in a top college conference and take care of the ball.

Wow, the last 2 games, the rams and phins didnt even need a qb. Teams have discovered, don’t need to beat the pats secondary.

FWIW, Belichick hasn't been exposed without Brady; quite the contrary.

He's taken a historically bad roster (some of it his own doing, some of it outside of his control) and gotten them to overachieve. Based on the talent (or lack thereof) at spots, this team really shouldn't have won more than 3-4 games, but Belichick has gotten them to overperform.

I'm optimistic about the future of the team if they can find a competent QB and use their cap space well.
Bill put together a historically terrible roster and coached them up to 7-9 (don’t rule out 6-10). Wow give him a medal!

Who are the 6? Lawrence, Lance, Fields. I see Jones at 4th, I doubt Trask goes ahead of him
Zach Wilson before mac Jones i guess

He's the best coach of all time, just as TB is the GOAT, please stop this Bill vs Tom talk...we know they are better with each other.
They are better together, that’s for sure. I will say though I think Bill has had a lot of questionable coaching decisions this season in game and sticking with Cam has also been mind boggling.

I may have been exaggerating but I don’t think this season is a good reflection on his coaching. It’s not just the offense. The defense gave up 200+ yards rushing two games in a row. He is better than this.

They are better together, that’s for sure. I will say though I think Bill has had a lot of questionable coaching decisions this season in game and sticking with Cam has also been mind boggling.

I may have been exaggerating but I don’t think this season is a good reflection on his coaching. He is better than this.
He had some subpar games for sure, the Denver game comes to mind.

But this roster is a 1 win roster with another coach, including McDaniels.

FWIW, Belichick hasn't been exposed without Brady; quite the contrary.

He's taken a historically bad roster (some of it his own doing, some of it outside of his control) and gotten them to overachieve. Based on the talent (or lack thereof) at spots, this team really shouldn't have won more than 3-4 games, but Belichick has gotten them to overperform.

I'm optimistic about the future of the team if they can find a competent QB and use their cap space well.
Both Bill and Tom are the GOATs.

The only two people exposed are the Brady haters who claimed he was a system QB and Belichick can place a garbage can under center in NE and still play well and win his “system”.

The other is Josh McDaniels. The guy has proven absolutely NOTHING in his career without Brady. Garbage in STL, DEN, and now this season with Cam.

Why can’t this defense stop the run?

we could have Brady at qb, but without the ability to stop the run, we would still be losing.

He had some subpar games for sure, the Denver game comes to mind.

But this roster is a 1 win roster with another coach, including McDaniels.
That’s not what some of you were saying preseason. I’m not saying you (I don’t recall) but there were people claiming that 11-5 was in the cards because Bill is such a good coach.

I haven’t stopped LOLing at the fact they gave up 257 yards rushing to a team ranked dead last in the league in rushing. Has that ever happened?

That’s not what some of you were saying preseason. I’m not saying you (I don’t recall) but there were people claiming that 11-5 was in the cards because Bill is such a good coach.
I predicted 9-7 but I also assumed the defense would have been really good. It wasn’t, as we all saw.

I think I remember pointing out 11-5 with Cassel so it’s not like Bill hadn’t done it before. That 2008 team though - which also had a weak defense but they were a lot better than this - they would have kicked the crap out of this one.

Bill will be hearing questions for sure. But I think he can make up for this year once the QB is found whoever he is.

I may have been exaggerating but I don’t think this season is a good reflection on his coaching. It’s not just the offense. The defense gave up 200+ yards rushing two games in a row. He is better than this.
I don't know, I just look at the talent on this team, the opt outs, free agent departures and the way Cam played down the stretch and to think we have as many wins as we do is surprising. Add to the fact that we could have won the buffalo, Seattle and Denver games and I think he has done as good of a job as possible...if there were any other coach here, I'd be surprised the team won 2 games. On the contrary, there is no question how important Tom was to this team...having the GOAT as qb makes any team better.

Cam is SO bad and we all still seem to really like him (I like the guy, but...). That says something. I hope he has a nice X-Mas. We need a new QB.

Harry is the worst WR I have seen in forever.

We have two #3 WRs, maybe a 2 and a 3?

A very good RB and backups.

Good OL.

Good secondary?

Lots of opportunities for improvement but some of the parts are there.

I have to say though, the coaching stinks out loud recently.

I predicted 9-7 but I also assumed the defense would have been really good. It wasn’t, as we all saw.

I think I remember pointing out 11-5 with Cassel so it’s not like Bill hadn’t done it before. That 2008 team though would have kicked the crap out of this one.
I expected better from the defense too but the glaring holes at DL & LB could be seen from miles away. Not entirely surprising.

I think I remember pointing out 11-5 with Cassel so it’s not like Bill hadn’t done it before. That 2008 team though would have kicked the crap out of this one.

Bill will be hearing questions for sure. But I think he can make up for this year once the QB is found whoever he is.
2008 Pats with Newton at QB with one arm and leg would destroy this Pats team.

I’d actually love to find out what the NFL record is for most yards rushing allowed in a single game to the dead last ranked rush offense in the league.

I don’t think they’re far off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore