PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Patriots Draft Day 3 Thread - Rounds 4-7

Andrews is a great interior OL who can probably play OG or C immediately

Onwenu is a free agent next offseason, Duggar is also… they’re drafting potential replacements.

I think Freeland was probably the pick but they went next best player available.

Good to know the Andrews position is secured. We definitely needed an understudy there.

Goodbye, Thanksdad? (He's actually been okay, I just think it's one of Captain Stone's better nicknames, haha.)

The Andrews pick fills a need. David Andrews is nearing the end of his career, and he’s been battling injuries. This gives them depth at Center. I like the wrestling experience, that worked out well with Stephen Neal.

Mac Jones watching the draft…

Venom 2 Reaction GIF by Venom Movie

Andrews is a great interior OL who can probably play OG or C immediately

Onwenu is a free agent next offseason, Duggar is also… they’re drafting potential replacements.

I think Freeland was probably the pick but they went next best player available.
If that was the next BPA on the patsboard then trade everyother pick to next year

NFL.com:
"Andrews might lack length and be viewed as only a center at the next level, but he plays with strong hands, a wide frame and exceptional strength at the point of attack. His inability to trigger his feet quickly and make fluid redirections in space show up in run blocking and pass protection, but his ability to square up and hold his own against a true nose tackle over the top of him is a valuable talent. Players with Andrews’ thickness and drive-blocking talent tend to find their way onto rosters and often end up sticking around."

Minor issues from NFL.com...

"His inability to trigger his feet quickly and make fluid redirections in space show up in run blocking and pass protection".
“Run blocking and pass protection”….what else is there?

I assume Dawand Jones justiisn't on their draft board.

Minor issues from NFL.com...

"His inability to trigger his feet quickly and make fluid redirections in space show up in run blocking and pass protection".
so he has issues with the run and pass protection. Nice. Maybe he snaps the ball extremely well

No chance he wouldn't have been around later.
NFL Channel just reported that they talked to multiple tams that were going to take him in the 5th round

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back