PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Minicamp Day 1 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this is how players get better and improve. Last I checked the players on that list did not have great years last year.

If you are not injured you should be participating, mini camp or not.

If Brady is there, the team should be there.
Sey, relax. This guys been an all pro. His performances over the span of his professional career show that he rarely takes a play off, and based on his consistent play, you have to conclude that he played injured for the better part of last season.

He's at the point in his career where spending time taking care of his body takes priority over being involved in the earliest team activities of the season. He will certainly get his chance to get his reps in prior to when the ammunition is live.

It's a broken foot.

Moss is still wearing #6, huh? I'd assume he's waiting on Jonathan Smith for #81.

Troy not being there isn't a big deal. If he's signed, it won't be until the middle of August anyways. The team knows what he can do, no use wearing him out in practices.

For folks obsessing about players "not" on the field, it's standard procedure for injured personnel to work out seperately with the Strength and Conditioning Coaches and Team Trainers. While sometimes injured players may stretch out with the team then report to the bubble or another Practice Field for their workout, it's all at BB's discretion. I imagine Troy was working out with the trainers too, assuming he still expects to play.

As for Seymour, he had his knee scoped after the season and his elbow was in a brace most of the season. He also started Training Camp on PUP for an undisclosed leg injury which would obviously have slowed him down going into the season. Ty Warren may have been the better player in terms of overall performance last year, but Sey did pretty well given his injury status, I'd rather he was allowed to work on getting healthy now, hopefully he's recovered in time for Training Camp and can head into the season at his peak.

This is sort of OT, but why don't they ever actually play their footage of mini camp on TV. They use it as filler or transition or stuff like that, but why don't they ever really show what is going on. It drives me crazy when they show Brady under center and then they cut away right before the play starts. I would really like to see the actual plays and drills, etc. that they film at mini camp and I'm sure other hard core Pats fans would too.

This is sort of OT, but why don't they ever actually play their footage of mini camp on TV. They use it as filler or transition or stuff like that, but why don't they ever really show what is going on. It drives me crazy when they show Brady under center and then they cut away right before the play starts. I would really like to see the actual plays and drills, etc. that they film at mini camp and I'm sure other hard core Pats fans would too.

So would most of the coaches in the league. IIRC, at TC you could take pictures, but not movies.

So would most of the coaches in the league. IIRC, at TC you could take pictures, but not movies.

They always show footage from these camps. They just don't show it in depth, but they definitely have video cameras there.

he rarely takes a play off,

Before last year I would agree. I was at the @Buffalo game and he took most of that game off.:(

The championship game was even worse he was on the sidelines more than in the game and when he was in the game he created no push at all.:mad:

I hope to see the Seymour that became my favorite player back this year.

I'm so stoked for this season:rocker:

King...
http://www.nashuatelegraph.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070606/COLUMNISTS11/206060384/-1/sports
He looked very workmanlike early Tuesday afternoon, drenched with sweat from a muggy morning minicamp practice session with a towel draped around his neck.

It was fitting because that’s the way New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady says his team is going to approach the upcoming season, which we all know will be here before we know it.

All the glamour and glitz of the offseason signings must be forgotten. It’s what you do on the field, not on paper – or in the paper – that counts. Several Patriots reminded the media of that Wednesday, but let’s face it: they take their lead from the quarterback because when things are going well, everything comes up Brady.

“Really, talk is cheap,” Brady said. “It means nothing. I don’t want to make a whole lot of predictions on how good we’re going to be.”

Capping off the day
Posted by Albert Breer at 8:22 pm
http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/patriots/
Here’s some things to chew on as we await another day out under the Foxboro sun.
-----
“The guys you’ve played with in the past, there’s a personal relationship with them,” said corner Ellis Hobbs. “But I think all of us that have been in this league understand that it’s a business. I mean, the league changes over every year, you lose players, you gain players. One person moves out, the next person moves in. We have to understand that and play with the people that are here.”
-----
“I’ve got to learn the playbook before I get excited about things I want to do later on,” said Stallworth, who played in West Coast systems in New Orleans and Philadelphia. “But guys are working at it. I think that’s the most important thing, everybody’s working at it and we got a couple new guys in the receiving room and we’re all pushing each other to get better.”
-----
As you can guess, Thomas met with us for the first time, as well. And he’s already got Patriot-speak down. Check this one out:

“As far as championships, we’ll leave that for the playing,” he said. “We’re just trying to get better week-in and week-out, and every day, take it one day at a time. You can’t just come in here and start talking like that. So for me, it’s coming here and getting better, learning my plays because it’s a new scheme for me, develop a relationship and a chemistry with these guys, and win one week at a time.”
-----
He did concede that the defensive mind of Bill Belichick was a lure for his arrival in Foxboro. But he emphasized that his teammates have shown that there’s more than one football savant on those fields.
-----
Hobbs wore a small wrap around his left wrist, and his hand was free from it, which is a good sign for a player who dealt with the effects of a broken scaphoid throughout last season. The injury was operated on twice: first after the initial injury in September, and then again after the season.

Breer...
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1005044
Thomas wouldn’t go into specifics about linebacker roles, but he did say his goal is to fit in by doing whatever is asked.

“I’m just trying to be like a finger; I’m not trying to be like a thumb,” he said. “I’m trying to come in here and get better at my job and try to develop a rapport with the guys that I’m playing with.”
-----
After seeing Thomas play everything from nose tackle to press corner in Baltimore, Belichick said, “We’re looking at him doing several different things and seeing how that goes.”

The stuff on Kyle Brady was very interesting-he hasn't gotten a whole lot of press for obvious reasons but he sounds like one to keep an eye on. Supposedly here for his blocking skills,he's become somewhat of a short yard receiver in camp. Also they observed he's a physical monster.
Farrah Felger et al were remarking how absolutely huge Thomas is,too;his massiveness is something you can't appreciate until you actually see him up close and in person.

The stuff on Kyle Brady was very interesting-he hasn't gotten a whole lot of press for obvious reasons but he sounds like one to keep an eye on. Supposedly here for his blocking skills,he's become somewhat of a short yard receiver in camp. Also they observed he's a physical monster.
Farrah Felger et al were remarking how absolutely huge Thomas is,too;his massiveness is something you can't appreciate until you actually see him up close and in person.
A high school football coach (DE's & RBs) who posts on Patriots' Planet had this to tell me about Kyle Brady:

"Regarding Kyle Brady-he is a fantastic blocker and always has been. He won't be running the Te sreeens [sic] that Daniel Grahme [sic] did and he is getting old but the man can still block...just pointing out that Brady is a great blocker who always works hard to maintain inside hand leverage on his block. He is getting paid to block and I hope he earns his money. I'll miss seeing Graham play because I was an admirer of his play but I am looking forward to watching Brady in action too."

I agree with the posters who said it's no big deal that Seymour isn't at minicamp. He's a veteran and an all pro and he's no doubt set his own schedule with his coaches to get ready for training camp and the season.

sounds like Maroney is easing back in. it would be nice to hear that someone saw him running and cutting, though...IMO, the running game is the biggest unknown right now. we're all pretty familiar with the LB issues, with what has to happen if the new WR's are to have game day impact...

Last edited:
PatriotsFW Blog:

http://officialnewenglandpatriots.wordpress.com/

Screw Samuel, we'll get news here of players who actually showed up for work.

I was not aware of this blog, although I know of Cassale from PFW In Progress at patriots.com. This is excellent blogging! Just what I'd want to know, not being able to see it myself.

Also about Seymour: I'm sure he's not dogging it --- if he's absent he has a good reason. But we have had enough years to officially say "Seymour is injury-prone." Not his fault, but clearly there is a pattern here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft