PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Bears @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazar, what a clown. We remember what you said dude. Can't hide mfer.
He really is a clown. He couldn’t shine the shoes of real sports writers

It’s not. And I’m someone who thought it was a no-brainer to go with Mac. The offense just looks better under Zappe.
Agreed, ii saw an immediate difference when Zap came in. Zapp looked calm and poised in the pocket (which is what mac looked like last year) while mac looked jittery like he thought he was going to get hit at any moment.

Certainly not calling Zappe TB12 but eerily familiar. Starter goes down and backup comes out of nowhere.

Seemed to be playing scared to throw the ball. Taking off running more than Lamar, at one time (3rd down in the first series) just tucking it almost as soon as he got the snap. The pick came while he was once again running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

Magically since Zappe came in we haven't seen a single scramble and guys are open immediately. I think I'm being converted... can't help it.
I think he came into the year looking to run it

Bad idea

I got money on this game. LFG Zappe.

It not a difference in playing calling, it is not the O-line playing any better, the difference is that this offense as constructed is suited to Zappe than Mac. That simple. Not that Mac is bad, just that this offense is not for him.

I can hear the next excuse, the team was sand bagging Mac. Lol
I don't think so, but I am a little suspicious that Bill was kind of hoping Mac would screw up to justify the permanent move to Zappe.

He wasn't ready, and they should never have started him. Instead, we likely just witnessed his final snaps in a Patriots uniform.
He was ready to play as he was playing all season

• Ugh
Reactions: Ian
There's no QB controversy, Zappe's the guy.

Always a good sign when Fields just starts running right away.

Meanwhile, the Jets have acquired RB James Robinson via JAX. (I know it’s the wrong thread; don’t care..)

Hebert is more dangerous than Montgomery IMO.

I feel bad for Mac. Maybe after Zappe puts us up by 3 scores, Bill can let Mac mop up the 4th.

Our run defense needs to do much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents