PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official AFC East Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jets situation was NOT in complete disarray last year. Going into TC, they had NoodleArm, Ramsey, and Kellen Clemens. There was no real challenge as NoodleArm proved his shoulder to be 100% healthy. The same can not be said for Culpepper and the Phins going into this training camp.

The Jets defense was right behind the Phins. So, if the Phins are better (which I don't believe they are, I believe they are worse).

The Saints didn't have nearly the questions that the Phins did on defense last year. And the Saints only had one real question in the secondary and that was Fred Thomas.

Carey wasn't phenomenal last year at RT. Not sure what you watched, but it definitely wasn't Carey at RT....

Peelle is a blocking TE who catches an occasional pass. Like most blocking TEs. Martin has to show he can actually hold onto the ball regularly.

It wasn't. Just because you are clueless as to what SPAM really is, doesn't mean that what I said wasn't valid.

The fact is that, yet again, you were wrong. Teams inside the same division do make trades amongst eachother. The Pats and Phins did it. The Pats and Bills have done it. So why couldn't the Pats and Phins go back to the well?

More than likely, it was because the Phins didn't want to give up the asking price to move up into the 20's. Personally, I would have laughed even more hysterically at the Phins taking Beck at 20 than I did at them taking Ginn at 9. That was truly HILARIOUS. Ginn is not a great receiver. He's got OK hands, not great, just OK. And he's a poor route runner who doesn't fight for the ball and who is inconsistent in his concentration.

Ginn was the 4th rated receiver, primarily because of his speed and his ability on punt returns...

Yes but we were led to believe that Culpepper's knee was healthy as well. Plus, we didn't know just how Pennington's shoulder would hold up, it was still up in the air and you know they wouldn't have been the same team with Ramsey or Clemens under center.

Come on, Jets defense just as good as the Dolphins? And the Saints even better? Not even gonna touch that one.

Carey was very good at right tackle. Ronnie averaged something like 4.8 YPC behind our right side last year and he seldom allowed a sack. Maybe phenomenal wasn't the correct word, but he was damn good.

I just disagree on Ginn, I wonder what you would say about him if he hadn't been drafted to the Fins. If he's just okay, why was he rated the 2nd receiver on just about every team's board?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back