PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 1/12/2011 Rex Ryan Media/Quotes Thread: Rex Taking credit for Woodhead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody in this thread has said that Ryan "screwed Woodhead".

The point is that Ryan screwed the Jets by cutting Woodhead, and therefore Ryan would be better off not bring the subject of Woodhead up in conversation.

That kind of obvious logic is lost on Jets fans.

The point is that Ryan screwed the Jets by cutting Woodhead, and therefore Ryan would be better off not bring the subject of Woodhead up in conversation.

Perhaps but Woodhead didn't have a place on the Jets team. The real mistake this year was drafting McKnight when Woodhead would have been the perfect 3rd RB. The Jets couldn't justify cutting their pick and even though it was very very close with him and Woodhead the Jets just couldn't pull the trigger. Who knows, maybe McKnight turns into a real good player but the early returns have Woodhead by a mile.

That kind of obvious logic is lost on Jets fans.

The media LOVES to bring up the Woodhead revenge angle. Their have been questions about this the whole season.

Rex isn't touching on some obscure subject.

Perhaps but Woodhead didn't have a place on the Jets team. The real mistake this year was drafting McKnight when Woodhead would have been the perfect 3rd RB. The Jets couldn't justify cutting their pick and even though it was very very close with him and Woodhead the Jets just couldn't pull the trigger. Who knows, maybe McKnight turns into a real good player but the early returns have Woodhead by a mile.

You lost credibility on this subject at "Perhaps".

In addition it was the Patriots that gave him an actual chance to play in the NFL, so the concept that Ryan should get some sort of 'credit' for Woodhead is a bit of a reach.

Check.
OT
A twin has told me the two are diametrically different personalities,
this is affirmed for me in my neighbor's two boys.
She believes it is the competition for attention from the parents
that leads to, generally, one quiet, reserved, not expecting or demanding much,
the other, decidedly not that.

Add to this, the parent is Buddy Ryan.
For rex, this constant need for affirmation leads him
to distort almost everything as the reason
for the pat on the back he never got.
It comes across as a emotionally demanding,
perhaps egomaniacal, or unconsciously self centered.

Last edited:
Credibility abounds here.

Affirmative.

Not just here, on the net in general.
There are conversations among all the people,
doing all things.
Over there, it is in fact Rocket science,
in another, some things less than that.

The troll, defined by an unfortunate DNA inheritance,
is oblivious to the various levels.
The multi-hued blues of sewage mud
collected under the bridge is all that is.

The odor, ever present, goes unnoticed.

This thought just came to me...is there any surprise that this team practices and plays in the same state that Jersey Shore is filmed? Same false bravado and same loud mouth antics.

Ugh, it pains me that I have family in Jersey too (But at least they're Giants fans).

Rexorcism.....You should know what went down with Woodhead.....and it wasn't about "Acid Reflux" McKnight.

At that time of the season,Rex decided to go with 4 tight ends and 5 RB's.....including TWO friggin' fullbacks!.......Explain to me the value of drafting John Connor,when you already had a FB(Richardson),that you barely use.You ended up with a "flashy", 22-man roster,but a 53-man disaster.Woodhead was cut because "little tanny" couldn't admit that:

1.Drafting John Connor
2.Moving up to get McKnight
3.Keeping Te's,who either can't block or can't catch
4.Ignoring the fact that LDT has been on the downslide for 2 years
5.Brad Smith can't make up for a bad starting QB or inconsistent RB's

Rex and Tannenbaum fell in love with their ersatz stars......now comes the painfull divorce...and unfortunately for the jets,Bill Belichick is the opposing lawyer......It's not going to be pretty:scared:

Meanwhile, I believe BB reworked his O personnel,
and designed attack schemes specifically to first counter the
good man Revis, RR and the Jesters. (Must win Division first)

This leads me to conclude the team will in fact
be prepared for the match.

RR's tedious antics assure that any thoughts
of a "trap" game, expecting any emotional
let down by Boston,
is comedy.

Last edited:
The Jets found the talent.

The Patriots recognized it.

Kind of makes up for the Pats found Curtis Martin and the Jets stole him episode in Patriot history........

Lets hope Danny has as long and illustrious career as Curtis had....

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST