PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Odds-makers favor the AFC

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only two teams in the NFC capable of winning the SB are 49ers and the Hawks.

On a good day (like against Houston) we can roll against any of the remaining teams across the two conferences.

On a bad day (like against the Niners, or worse, against the Jags), we lose too all...

That doesn't mean the AFC is favored over the NFC. Though I think Den/NE would probably be a slight favorite over any of the NFC teams this has more to do with the fact that the remaining 4 teams in the NFC are closer to each other and thus each less likely to get to the SB than Den/NE.

In other words it says more about Den/NE v the rest of the AFC than it does about the AFC v. NFC.

Last edited:
The AFC is the favorite because, of the remaining teams, they have a Super Bowl representative still in the mix on top of a team that has won the most consecutive games in the league. IMO, the NFC should be the favorite. They've taken the last 3 Super Bowls and have won 4 out of 5 since 2007. Green Bay, SF, and maybe Seattle should all be favored over there. Personally, whoever comes out of the Green Bay-San Fran game will be my personal favorite. I think the 49ers will beat them again, but Green Bay's been playing some damn good football down the stretch.

Eh, I'd pick the Patriots because I'm a bit of a homer. But to me it seems the NFC elite have proven at least head to head to be stronger.

GB over Houston
SF over NE
SEA over NE
ATL over DEN

None of the remianing AFC teams have impressive wins over NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft