PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho on his first TD from TFB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brandon Tate in 2010: 24 catches, 432 yards, 3 touchdowns
Ocho in 2011 thru week 15: 14 catches, 261 yards, 1 touchdown

Plus Tate was younger, cheaper, and returned kicks.

Am I missing something here? IMO there's no way Chad should be back on this roster next season.

Welker, Branch, rookie, and Edelman should head the WR group next year and I would be happy to bring back Chad and bring in one other Vet or make it two rookies to round out the group.

My preference would be to go crazy and get a stud to be number one and bring in another vet and a rookie (stud can be in the form of vet or rook). But realistically I would rather them spend more on D and draft more on D so if that means a few lesser options on offense Chad might make some sense.

The above only really flies if two things are present. 1) Chad takes less to stay here (I know he is under contract but he would need to restructure). 2) The coaches have to feel come the end of the season that his progress had continued and that a full offseason and TC would get him on the same page as the rest of the O. I think 1 is more likely than 2 and I would think its very likely Chad is one and done here.

Am I missing something here? IMO there's no way Chad should be back on this roster next season.

...but, but, but.....he's really cool on Twitter!

...but, but, but.....he's really cool on Twitter!

You can keep rooting for his failure, as you have all season long.

The rest of us will hope he, and by extension the team, succeeds.

How many catches does Tate have this year?

Chad's two best catches this year came via *drum roll* BLOWN COVERAGES! Chad just deosn't get our Offense. If Tiquan Underdud is gettings more reps a guy off the sreets that should tell you. We need Deion Branch back...get well soon Deion. I personally have no hope for Ocho...i don't want anybody out there making mistakes in the Playoffs we go as far as this Offense takes us.

Because he's TOM F------G BRADY

Check out townienews.com ... GFY, TFB, WWW

That's what I thought. I tend to reserve my F as a middle initial for guys who stuck a knife in us like David F. Tyree.

Last edited:
Chad's two best catches this year came via *drum roll* BLOWN COVERAGES! Chad just deosn't get our Offense. If Tiquan Underdud is gettings more reps a guy off the sreets that should tell you. We need Deion Branch back...get well soon Deion. I personally have no hope for Ocho...i don't want anybody out there making mistakes in the Playoffs we go as far as this Offense takes us.

I dont really understand this whole thing of saying it doesnt count because its a "blown coverage"

how many catches in Football are actually by "great plays" by the offensive player??? I would assume many of branch or Hernandez's catches were from blown coverages because defenses were overcomitting to welker/gronk.

heck, just as Ocho got the safety to bite on his TD catch, welkers 73yarder against the eagles was by getting the safety to bite, and Deions deep pass

sure, those guys have also made some great plays on the ball in short situatinos...but using this whole "it was a broken play!" to downplay the importance doesnt look at how many big plays in football come from broken assignments on the defensive end. and thats what you want. to trick the defense.

as far as Ocho vs. Tates production...you need to look at the bigger picture from last year. Welker was limited, Gronk/hernandez were still rookies....brady spread the ball around alot more last year. this year, while branch's targets have remained the same Hernandez, Gronk, welkers all rose...leaving less targets for everyone else

even Danny Woodhead's targets/catches have taken a large hit in the passing game..34 last year down to something like 15this year this year because brady has been going to welker/Gronk/hernandez so often.

last year, brady had 6 receivers over 400yards receiving....this year he has 4

and alot of that can be contributed to the jumps Welker/Gronk/Hernandez made

Apparently not the case this week:
TE Rob Gronkowski -- 75 of 78
TE Aaron Hernandez -- 72 of 78
WR Wes Welker -- 70 of 78
WR Chad Ochocinco -- 54 of 78
RB Danny Woodhead -- 28 of 78
RB BenJarvus Green-Ellis -- 20 of 78
TE Nate Solder -- 19 of 78
RB Stevan Ridley -- 18 of 78
WR Tiquan Underwood -- 15 of 78
RB Kevin Faulk -- 8 of 78
WR Julian Edelman -- 7 of 78
FB Donald Thomas -- 4 of 78

Snap counts: Ocho's emergence (sort of) - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

On the TD catch, I thought Ocho set his man up nicely by releasing infield with his first step before accelerating to the outside.
Let's hope both Ocho and Underwood can step up if and when called upon.

Yes. You are witnessing a lesson in humility.

Thank you. I've never seen such unwarrented justification to keep an under performing player like this before. People are just enamored with the fact that this guy has tv shows and because he was a loud mouth guy in Cinci that the media talked about. He wasn't a good player his last few seasons in Cinci and he's been a huge let down here. There is no way he'll be back next year when the Pats need to upgrade at receiver as much as they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes