PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Times Sunday Editorial (I Kid You Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A fluff fantasy piece. This counts as journalism these days? :rolleyes:

Pleeeeeese!

"First and ten. Griese breaks the huddle. The play is up the middle: Csonka and a cloud of snow. Two yards. Another two yards. Third and six. Now fourth and four.

Out comes a little man with a one-bar face mask. Can it be? It’s Garo Yepremian, the scrawny Cypriot, in to keek a touchdown.

The kick is up. It’s blocked. The ball is loose.

A million Floridians faint at the flashback. No, Garo. He runs to the ball, picks it up. No. He’s going to throw. No!

The ball flutters into the end zone, a little bird alighting in a forest of lunging arms. When the refs pull them apart to find the ball, a Dolphin is wrapped around it. The game is over. The 2007 Patriots are shellshocked. They are also 14-1. And the 1972 Dolphins, a team for all time, outside of time, hold on to their little bit of forever." (And then he woke up from his Valium induced sleep)

If the point is that the Players still alive from the '72 team are better able to beat the 2007 NE Pats, then I whole heartedly agree!

This guy must be a huge football fan. The celebration would be pretty short lived when the '72 Dolphins see the yellow flag for the illegal forward pass.

If the '72 Dolphins tried 3 running plays against the 2007 Pats they'd go backwards. Football's changed in the last 35 years. I'm not so sure replacing today's Dolphins with the squad from '72 would be an improvement.

Last edited:
coffee2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick