PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now I really feel like an idiot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
PATSummerallofthe80s said:
Did anyone notice during the press conference that Manning's tongue and mouth were red? It's almost as if he just ate one of those fireball candies.
He was unsuccessfully trying to bite his tongue! :rolleyes:

I think I would like to see Denver beats Pitts (cmon guys, this is PITTSBURGH), then root for Seattle to win it all based on the Boston connection and the fact there's really no Seattle rivalry there...

No question the refs performance in both AFC games this past weekend was more like a circus.

I did notice (in the CAR vs. CHI game) that Grossman didn't get the snap off in time during the Bear's final drive (which resulted in a game ending interception). The play should have been ruled a delay of game. Not that anybody thinks Rex would have been mature enough to take the team down field with no timeouts left.

Nevertheless, another miss big missed call by the refs.
Include NE's game with Jacksonville as another poorly called game from the officials, failing to blow the whistle on a dead ball penalty, which allowed Beisel to hit Leftwich on a blitz, is the kind of thing I get outraged by - all I can picture is one of the league's cheap shot goons getting off Tommy after such horrible officiating. I am willing to take some holding, some bumps on the WR, and other such play as letting the players play the game, but allowing the QB to get creamed because you had your head rectally housed is too much. It will be interesting to see how the Denver trolls behave when we get another miserable officiating crew in Denver - Cowher hasn't pee'd in as many wheaties as Shanahan has.

I would like to see the Steelers in the Superbowl, then I'll be rooting for either Carolina with a likeable Delhomme or Seattle with a likeable Hasselbeck, Benjy made a great game saving tackle and played well against the Colts, but he keeps trying to slip down the QB rating scale on leadership in my book.

Speaking of QB leadership, Peyton hit another low with his post-game throw the linemen, TEs, and RBs under the bus - we had some problems with the protection - remarks. Stay humble and lovable Peyton, as long as your with the Colts I'll be torn in my emotional response whenever you play the Raiders. :bricks:

I was reading through the Steelers/Colts Game Day Thread on this site. The majority of you were pulling for the Steelers. As a Steelers troll who pestered you guys the past few weeks, I offer a sincere apology. I am honestly sorry that i came on here to heckle and push buttons of a few.

No excuses and I will say it. I am an idiot and if I could be a Monday morning QB, I wouldn't make the same decision to do what I did. It was wrong and now I feel like a real jerk.

I wish I could make up for it. Perhaps I could buy NEM or any other PATS fans in the Scottsdale or Phoenix area a couple of beers.

Your franchise is a classy organization from the ownership, to the players, to their fan base. The Steelers won today because they took a chapter out of the Patriots Playbook......They finally played with heart. When you do that, good things happen. You all proved that the last three of four years which may never be duplicated.

So if any of you are willing to accept my sincere apology, I offer an extended hand and ask forgiveness.

In conclusion, I am glad for two things regarding next week. One that it is not a home game, and second, it is not against New England (you seem to have our number in the AFCCG).

Thanks for reading this.

Congratulations. You have completed step 9. There are 11 other steps for you to complete. :rolleyes:

Seriously, nice post.

Fanfrom1960 said:
Congratulations. You have completed step 9. There are 11 other steps for you to complete. :rolleyes:

Seriously, nice post.

Yes I know but the good news is that the remaining 11 steps can be controlled by some medication. I'm just waiting on my physician's prescription.

About the only one of the four teams left I don't want to see win the Superbowl is Denver. Just have never been a big Denver fan.

Any of the other 3 teams is fine. Although it would be nice to see Bettis get a ring. He is a class act and a good guy. Also I would love to see the look on Plaxico's face if the Steelers win. Priceless!

Ok I talked myself into it. Go steelers!

I was reading through the Steelers/Colts Game Day Thread on this site. The majority of you were pulling for the Steelers. As a Steelers troll who pestered you guys the past few weeks, I offer a sincere apology. I am honestly sorry that i came on here to heckle and push buttons of a few.

No excuses and I will say it. I am an idiot and if I could be a Monday morning QB, I wouldn't make the same decision to do what I did. It was wrong and now I feel like a real jerk.

I wish I could make up for it. Perhaps I could buy NEM or any other PATS fans in the Scottsdale or Phoenix area a couple of beers.

Your franchise is a classy organization from the ownership, to the players, to their fan base. The Steelers won today because they took a chapter out of the Patriots Playbook......They finally played with heart. When you do that, good things happen. You all proved that the last three of four years which may never be duplicated.

So if any of you are willing to accept my sincere apology, I offer an extended hand and ask forgiveness.

In conclusion, I am glad for two things regarding next week. One that it is not a home game, and second, it is not against New England (you seem to have our number in the AFCCG).

Thanks for reading this.

That's OK. I was rooting for the Colts. The thought that the Pats would have had the Steelers here next week was too much to bear. But, despite Cowhers awful play calling, Roethlisberger mediocrity and Bettis's age the Colts still can not win a meaningful game. If it makes you feel any better I'll be rooting for the Steelers next week. Just hope the officials don't make any awful calls in Denver's favor next week. Come Feb 5th, I'll be rooting for the NFC team of course.

Last edited:
I think most non bandwaggon Pats fans who are also football fans have always grudgingly admired Pittsburgh as a gritty smash mouth defensive minded football team who plays the game (for the most part) the way it should be played. And felt that the Pats and Steelers are the perenial iron of the AFC while Indy is one of those fraudulent sissified finesse teams the media fawns over while you just really want to smash them in the mouth. We've been doing to them what you did to them yesterday for a long time now. And while we've had your number as well it's a different kind of rivalry. I hate the Steelers, whereas the Colts disgust me.

They say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. BB gave us a smashmouth hard ass team in that mold, and now Cowher finally seems to be refining his and learning from his mistakes - almost like a special Ed. branch of the BB tree he mentored on the field. The whiners in Indy on the other hand, from the FO down down to that egomaniacal QB, will never learn. Ben is learning and appears to have just come of age. I didn't think he had it in him but I guess that open admiration he displayed for Tommy wasn't just starstruck BS - he not only admired a QB who adapted and worked on refining his game, maintained his poise and sucked it up to do whatever it took to get his team to the next game, he truly decided to try and emulated him. And it didn't come naturally or easily to Ben. In the process Pittsburgh yesterday debunked the last two remaining excuse cards Manning and Co could play because it wasn't just NE and it wasn't just homefield. Even the officiating couldn't save them hard as it tried because in the end it's just them, they're flashy attention grabbing stat happy football frauds with a delusional fanbase who doesn't care how they win only that they win.

Now go finish what you started and show all the nitwits that a 6 seed can take it to the show because the regular season is just the preseason for the playoffs. Can't root for a rival AFC team in Detroit, but I can't root for Denver even making it that far because I don't respect them as a remotely championship worthy team. Not to mention their trolls are the most annoyingly idiotic ones we've endured here since SD's beach boys made their meaningless regular season chest thumping appearance here prior to their team folding like a cheap suit as they always do.

You can admire someone you hate. But once this season is over for you guys we can all get right back to hating someone we grudgingly admire. In the meantime tell Polamalu to say Hi to Jake from all of us in NE. :D

MoLewisrocks said:
I think most non bandwaggon Pats fans who are also football fans have always grudgingly admired Pittsburgh as a gritty smash mouth defensive minded football team who plays the game (for the most part) the way it should be played. And felt that the Pats and Steelers are the perenial iron of the AFC while Indy is one of those fraudulent sissified finesse teams the media fawns over while you just really want to smash them in the mouth. We've been doing to them what you did to them yesterday for a long time now. And while we've had your number as well it's a different kind of rivalry. I hate the Steelers, whereas the Colts disgust me.

They say immitation is the sincerest form of flattery. BB gave us a smashmouth hard ass team in that mold, and now Cowher finally seems to be refining his and learning from his mistakes - almost like a special Ed. branch of the BB tree he mentored on the field. The whiners in Indy on the other hand, from the FO down down to that egomaniacal QB, will never learn. Ben is learning and appears to have just come of age. I didn't think he had it in him but I guess that open admiration he displayed for Tommy wasn't just starstruck BS - he not only admired a QB who adapted and worked on refining his game, maintained his poise and sucked it up to do whatever it took to get his team to the next game, he truly decided to try and emulated him. And it didn't come naturally or easily to Ben. In the process Pittsburgh yesterday debunked the last two remaining excuse cards Manning and Co could play because it wasn't just NE and it wasn't just homefield. Even the officiating couldn't save them hard as it tried because in the end it's just them, they're flashy attention grabbing stat happy football frauds with a delusional fanbase who doesn't care how they win only that they win.

Now go finish what you started and show all the nitwits that a 6 seed can take it to the show because the regular season is just the preseason for the playoffs. Can't root for a rival AFC team in Detroit, but I can't root for Denver even making it that far because I don't respect them as a remotely championship worthy team. Not to mention their trolls are the most annoyingly idiotic ones we've endured here since SD's beach boys made their meaningless regular season chest thumping appearance here prior to their team folding like a cheap suit as they always do.

You can admire someone you hate. But once this season is over for you guys we can all get right back to hating someone we grudgingly admire. In the meantime tell Polamalu to say Hi to Jake from all of us in NE. :D

Wow! That's a great post. You know the reason I trolled here in the first place I think was a way to take my frustration of losing two AFFCGs at home to the PATS. I know it seems sorry but sometimes there is something about raining on a parade that seems fun. Unfortunately, I derived no satisifaction really because I was noticing that this Board has many well educated football fans. You guys are definately different than other teams boards (meant as a compliment).

I agree that the Steelers and PATS are both good for each other. While Cowher is not nearly the coach as BB, I still admire him for standing the test of time. That is very rare amongst coaches. He is the most tenured (14 seasons at PIT), and has now gotten the Steelers into their fifth or sixth AFCCG. Now I know he's never won a Super Bowl but only one team every year is happy. Plus I love the fact that the Steelers have had only two head coaches since 1969 or 1970. That is amazing as it is a nice chapter in Steeler lore.

Does PIT and NE play each other next year? Does it really matter if they do? As you said, it's just pre-season to the playoffs. Thanks for the excellent post.

That tackle by Ben on the fumble return was outstanding football! If you watched the play he runs backwards after handing the ball off to be in position in case of a disaster. That play probably saved the Steelers season and displayed sound fundamental coaching by Cowher.

Thanks for reading this.

thanks for the post. I always have had a disdain for your posts in the past, but hopefully we all can have a new found respect for each other.
Good luck to you next week to knock off the F;in Broncs and their trolls!

kptmorgan04 said:
thanks for the post. I always have had a disdain for your posts in the past, but hopefully we all can have a new found respect for each other.
Good luck to you next week to knock off the F;in Broncs and their trolls!

My trolling posts here = bad judgment as we weren't even playing you guys. Thanks for the kind words. There will be no apologies from me on the Denver Board as I will blitz it more than the Steelers defense did yesterday vs. Indy.

MDPATSFAN said:
That tackle by Ben on the fumble return was outstanding football! If you watched the play he runs backwards after handing the ball off to be in position in case of a disaster. That play probably saved the Steelers season and displayed sound fundamental coaching by Cowher.

That tackle by Ben was great! There did appear to be another steeler coming in for a hit (#84) a TE that looked like he had a good angle on Hardy too?

PatsChick87 said:
That tackle by Ben was great! There did appear to be another steeler coming in for a hit (#84) a TE that looked like he had a good angle on Hardy too?

Great point as I've not heard anyone mention that. The replay shows you are clearly right.

Does PIT and NE play each other next year? Does it really matter if they do? As you said, it's just pre-season to the playoffs. Thanks for the excellent post.

No, because the Steelers finished second in their division. And, from an injury standpoint, I say "Thank God." :)

But PIT is definitely on the Pats' home schedule for 2007.

MoLewisrocks said:
:D

This is exactly right. Brilliantly put, Mo. When I went to Pats-Steelers Halloween massacre, I saw that Steeler fans are intense, loud, and relatively polite to me in my Harrison 37 jersey, like they didn't understand what I was doing there, but they weren't going to be rude about it. The Denver trolls have established a new all-time low, and the Colts sissies (actual players) make me appreciate Pitt, if we can't take the AFC ourselves. Still lesser of two evils, but I wanted Pitt over Indy. Seeing the Colts dismantled, I'm sorry we didn't get to do it ourselves.

Well, even though I've blocked you you can still hate me, Because I just wanted the colts to lose, now I want the Broncos to win, and the NFC to win the SB

Harrison37 said:
One more thing without turning this into a Pitt love-in, but I was very glad that Jerome Bettis' lasting legacy was not a crucial fumble that resulted in the Colts winning a game they had no business being in at the end.

He deserved better than that, and I was very happy that it didn't come down to that for him. Yo, Jerome- hold onto the ball! ;)

I agree with you 100%. Imagine how Troy Brown feels.

shakadave said:
Seeing the Colts dismantled, I'm sorry we didn't get to do it ourselves.

Because you were knocked out the night before!!!!

I'm a Pats fan first, but I appreciate good football. I like the way the Steelers go about business. I like the fact that they beat the Chargers the week after the Chargers beat us (thanks). Now I'm hoping you'll do the same to Denver. I like seeing the Steelers in the playoffs, because I like to see the Pats go up against quality opponents. Yeah, I want the Pats to win, but I'm a football fan! I want to see a good game! C'mon!

Too bad we couldn't meet up this year.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes