PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not sure where to put this so...Seahawks still intrerested

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to start another on but I couldn't figure out where to post it. Seems to be the latest from Len P.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2570152
But there were indications on Friday night and early Saturday that the Seahawks remain very interested in Branch and could try to resuscitate a potential trade

The Seahawks need him, the Patriots aren't going to have him . . . getting this done makes WAY too much sense.

Nice recap.

It does make sense, as long as the compensation is at the level that the Patriots are looking for.

The seahawks should have no problem with giving up a first for Branch. It's likely to be a late first and they are close to a superbowl.
Anyone else think that it was curious that Seattle and Vikings were listed as potential suitors for Branch? Bringing up the Vikings in connection with the Seahawks has to bring the emotions up a little considering the offseason these two have had. Sounds like some kind of head game on someones end.

Julius said:
The seahawks should have no problem with giving up a first for Branch. It's likely to be a late first and they are close to a superbowl.
Anyone else think that it was curious that Seattle and Vikings were listed as potential suitors for Branch? Bringing up the Vikings in connection with the Seahawks has to bring the emotions up a little considering the offseason these two have had. Sounds like some kind of head game on someones end.
No, the Vikings just signed Pinkston so they were in the market and it was just speculation in the media.

Per Tomase, the hawks started with a second and have indicated they would go with a first - NE started at 2 firsts and have indicated they will settle for a first and middle round pick. The horse trading continues, I'm pulling for a minimum 1st and 5th.

Box_O_Rocks said:
No, the Vikings just signed Pinkston so they were in the market and it was just speculation in the media.

Per Tomase, the hawks started with a second and have indicated they would go with a first - NE started at 2 firsts and have indicated they will settle for a first and middle round pick. The horse trading continues, I'm pulling for a minimum 1st and 5th.

A first and a 5th would be okay. A first and a 4th would make me think we got a great deal (with our batting average on firsts alone). A first and a third and I'd be laughing. Never happen, but a boy can dream.

Given our WR depth, I really think at this point that we need Engram as part of the deal. I'd drop the 5th and ask for a 1st and Engram.

upstater1 said:
Given our WR depth, I really think at this point that we need Engram as part of the deal. I'd drop the 5th and ask for a 1st and Engram.
We've got him - Troy.

upstater1 said:

I agree, we really need a WR in return, at least that's what I think. The FO may think differently and just want the draft choices. I'd sweeten the deal and offer Branch and a 4th (or 3rd if that's what it takes) for DJ Hackett and a 1st. I'm a big DJ Hackett fan, good size and speed, causes a lot of interference penalties. They'd have Burleson and Branch as starters, with Jackson and Engram as their 3rd and 4th WR's. It makes sense for both sides to do this, so that's why it won't happen.

Box_O_Rocks said:
We've got him - Troy.

Yes, but right now we need two Troys. Two Troys is better than a Troy and Kite, isn't it?

we shouldn't be surprised if the Patriots are taking a little longer on the Branch trade, since they have a dealine of 2pm today to pour through film and assessments and other team's rosters to try to decide on cuts. They're still only half way there with 90 minutes to go. Talks with Seattle could get more serious tonight. I think the Pats will cut below 53 to give some flexibility in the receiver situation.

upstater1 said:
Yes, but right now we need two Troys. Two Troys is better than a Troy and Kite, isn't it?

The consensus (around here anyway) is that Bam Childress looks much like a young Troy Brown, so there you go! ;)

Brownfan80 said:
The consensus (around here anyway) is that Bam Childress looks much like a young Troy Brown, so there you go! ;)
Bingo, we've got bingo again!

Any word if negotiations are still going on with Seattle?

I was really hoping to wake up this morning and see the headline "Branch traded to Seattle ofr a first"

That would do 2 things

1. It would probably quell any locker room issues because the Pats would have allowed Branch to get his payday.

2. The Pats would have been proven right for not allowing Branch to go for just a second round pick!

I would still like to see the Patriots trade Branch and a 4th for the Seahawks 1st and Hackett. I think that would REALLY solidify our WR corps and we could have some pretty good 3 and 4 WR sets.

Branch for Burleson and a second or a third......

1. Burleson
2. Gabriel
3. Jackson
4. Caldwell
5. Brown

I just realized if we trade for a wide reciever we will have 6 meaning either one will have to go, or we have to cut someone else.....what happened to 3rd QB spot? who took it?

mavfan2390 said:
Branch for Burleson and a second or a third......

1. Burleson
2. Gabriel
3. Jackson
4. Caldwell
5. Brown

The Hawks just signed Burleson with a huge signing bonus. Plus there are still bonuses needing to be paid. Its doubtful the Patriots would be interested in him.

sarge said:
Any word if negotiations are still going on with Seattle?

I was really hoping to wake up this morning and see the headline "Branch traded to Seattle ofr a first"

That would do 2 things

1. It would probably quell any locker room issues because the Pats would have allowed Branch to get his payday.

2. The Pats would have been proven right for not allowing Branch to go for just a second round pick!

Nothing will happen until the grievance is decided on. Why would Seatle give up a 1nd round pick when there is a possibility (longshot at best) that the league will tell the Pats to accept a 2nd round pick?
A few years ago I would have said it's impossible, but look at the TO - 49ers deal. He was under contract with the 49ers(agent error, but none the less under contract), traded to the Ravens (making him under contract with the Ravens). The league stepped in and decided that the Ravens had to give him up for what the league thought was reasonable compensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft