PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

North Alabama CB Janoris Jenkins - would you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My biggest complaint about him is not his pass moral history. That's a whole other issue, though I have to admit, it IS hard to get kicked out of Florida. My big problem is his size. He's just doesn't seem to be a very sturdy, physical guy, and I've had my fill of small CB's who look like they have their guy covered only to have the bigger stronger WR catch the ball anyway.

People forget that Darius Butler isn't gone because he couldn't cover people on routes. He's gone because he couldn't make plays on the ball once it got there. He was Gerald Whilite and Ellis Hobbs all over again. So when I look at Jenkins size, I worry about it.

My biggest complaint about him is not his pass moral history. That's a whole other issue, though I have to admit, it IS hard to get kicked out of Florida. My big problem is his size. He's just doesn't seem to be a very sturdy, physical guy, and I've had my fill of small CB's who look like they have their guy covered only to have the bigger stronger WR catch the ball anyway.

People forget that Darius Butler isn't gone because he couldn't cover people on routes. He's gone because he couldn't make plays on the ball once it got there. He was Gerald Whilite and Ellis Hobbs all over again. So when I look at Jenkins size, I worry about it.

Haha, Jenkins is no Darius Butler. Having the in the same post is blasphemy.

I would - but I'm pretty much desperate for a decent man cover corner at this point.

Well, it's obvious he's a risky pick, but he's also easily a top-3 talent at the CB position. I'd like to have a shot and take him in the 31st (or the 47th), if all those off-field problems don't affect him (yeah, a big "if") we would just hit jackpot here. On the other hand, I understand the opinions that he's a multiple-suspension waiting to happen, and I wouldn't moan if we pass on him.

If you say so.

Gator Football Roster/Bios - GatorZone.com

Held the trio of South Carolina’s Alshon Jeffery, Georgia’s A.J. Green and Alabama’s Julio Jones to an average of 4.7 receptions for 38 yards per game and allowed just one touchdown between the three…In their other regular-season games, that trio averaged 97.2 yards per game on 6.2 receptions and combined for 25 receiving touchdowns…

Not bad for being such a 5'11 184 pound small fry. Would you rather have us draft a tall CB with stiff hips? Talent wise he is a top 4 CB easy and that's being nice. I think he is the best after Claiborne. Behavior and immaturity is another matter all together. Can't believe you just compared him to Wilhite and Hobbs because of height.

I wouldn't worry about his size at all. He was physical enough in man and in run support at sub 190lbs and he's managed to push his weight above 190 lbs now.

This guy is a top ten corner without the moral issues...there's nothing else to be concerned about. This guy was unbelievable at Florida and no one even wanted to throw near him in at division two level yet he still managed to build up some good stats. He and Haden whilst he spent his time in Florida didn't look all too dissimilar.

In fact, if I was going to pick on one nit pick, it's the fact he didn't seem to carry his weight he added all too great...but most of these guyts don't have long to adjust to their new weight before the combine, especially those looking to pile it on quick...so I think he'll adapt given time.

This guy deflects lot of balls. Reads the QB extremely well (almost TOO well at times given he likes to drift a little) and breaks on the ball extremely well. Has a pair of the quickest feet in the draft and elite recovery speed if he doesn't get the jam.

He should be a sure fire first rounder. With small character issues he should be a first round lock still. Only issue is this guy managed to get kicked out of Florida of all places and decided to father 3 kids from 4 different women.
#

He'd be a steal with our 4th pick. But personally, I think we can do without drafting a corner. Maybe one like Dennard or Trumaine Johnson who can play safety as well. The class is too deep and, personally, I'm happy if McCourty, Dowling and Arrington are all starters. We just need some quality depth.

I think he would be worth the risk. BB passes on too many good players because they are not super Boy Scouts (that is probably why he cannot draft WRs). Jenkins is one of the few good CBs in a weak class.

Your comment makes no bloody sense. If that was true, we wouldn't sign Stallworth or Haynesworth.

Morality is not the issue. Kids out of wedlock is not the issue. The NFL is not a seminary.

The problem is the question of maturity and decision making, understanding consequences and taking accountability. Very hard for a star player to get thrown out of a Florida, especially with that level of talent. He'll have had plenty of opportunities to correct his behavior. Getting thrown out of school is not the kind of thing that sneaks up on you. It's a sign of a bad attitude and an intransigence that signals uncoachability. If he doesn't listen and doesn't course correct, there's absolutely no point.

I wouldn't touch him at the end of the 2nd round, or the end of the 5th round, or as a UDFA.

The Pats are all about the psychology of the team. BB cut Bodden for being disruptive to the chemistry of the secondary, he would do the same for Jenkins with no remorse. Spending a pick on him is just throwing it away. Regardless of Jenkins's talent, he'd never stick on this roster. It's all TEAM for BB.

"...decided to father 3 kids from 4 different women."

This must have been difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back