No school for some Falcons fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

convertedpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Pace Academy cancels school Monday after Super Bowl

Arthur Blank's kid goes to this private school, so they have cancelled classes the day after the Super Bowl to let the kids stay up late to watch the game.

Note: tuition here is around $22K-$26K a year. Good to see them focusing on the important things in life...

Frankly I'm fine with that if the parents aren't complaining. Some of my greatest memories as a kid are sports-related. It's not like they have a bunch of snow days they have to make up.

Good for them. Missing one day of school isn't a big deal, especially considering they don't have to do any snow makeup days.

Frankly I'm fine with that if the parents aren't complaining. Some of my greatest memories as a kid are sports-related. It's not like they have a bunch of snow days they have to make up.

I have no issue with kids staying up to watch sports for the same reasons you outlined.

But I think it's a bit embarrassing to reinforce that a kid can go ask their rich dad to make changes so their life is a bit easier. Stay up, watch the game. Then wake your ass up and do what you're supposed to do. Life isn't easy, buttercup.

Let's be real here. This isn't for the kids. It's so the teachers and administrators can drink and party.

Nothing at all wrong with it imo.

Yeah, you're right. I'm all for days off work.

LOL! When I lived in Atlanta, my wife did a lot of sub-teaching. Funniest day was when they robo-called all the teachers 6pm the NIGHT BEFORE and said school was CANCELED because of the THREAT OF SNOW. There was nothing on the ground, maybe 30 deg at night, and the next day there wasnt even frost, let alone snow.. But Kids got a Snow Day!!

LOL! When I lived in Atlanta, my wife did a lot of sub-teaching. Funniest day was when they robo-called all the teachers 6pm the NIGHT BEFORE and said school was CANCELED because of the THREAT OF SNOW. There was nothing on the ground, maybe 30 deg at night, and the next day there wasnt even frost, let alone snow.. But Kids got a Snow Day!!
Yeah I live in North Carolina now, and it drives me crazy what excuses they use to cancel school, as I'm from NH. "It might snow two inches tonight at 6pm, so we are going to let school out three hours early today." Are you freaking serious? My kid is a first grader so it isn't like I can just tell her to walk home and let herself in.

That's pretty cool. I'm in favor turning the Monday after the Super Bowl into a national holiday.

Maybe even call it Brady Day. :)
Patriots day, Brady day, Belichick day, 5th ring day... same thing, im just glad I dont work on Mondays ;)

We have a late work call the Monday after. I still don't know the time. One of the battalions here is getting a 1pm work call. :eek:

I used to miss class the day after the SB... Game usually finishes around 3 here, it was a great excuse

If you pay 20 grand a year then you should be able to take a damn day off.

Honestly, that's a huge bargain compared to Boston-area independent high schools -- schools like BB&N cost easily twice as much. Living in Atlanta is much cheaper in general (and worth every penny ;)).

We always take the day after the Superbowl off at our house. We either need it from all the celebrating or lamenting (2007/2011). Hoping for another celebration in 8 days.

I requested the sixth off, since my normal work shift begins at 4 AM Monday.

My father was stationed at Loring AFB in Limestone ME. It snowed about three feet on Sunday and we went to school on Monday. A year later we moved to Langley AFB in VA. It snowed about an inch or two on a Sunday night and the next day my brother and I were at the bus stop waiting. And waiting... until we finally learned that they had canceled school.

To be fair they don't have the equipment to salt the roads etc.... so it's safer. Still funny though.

Might be tough for them being so upset sitting at home, they'd probably be better off just going to school to take their minds off the loss.

My father was stationed at Loring AFB in Limestone ME. It snowed about three feet on Sunday and we went to school on Monday. A year later we moved to Langley AFB in VA. It snowed about an inch or two on a Sunday night and the next day my brother and I were at the bus stop waiting. And waiting... until we finally learned that they had canceled school.

To be fair they don't have the equipment to salt the roads etc.... so it's safer. Still funny though.
Oh really? I'm at the base in Bangor Maine and I've heard stories about Loring. Know some people that used to be stationed up there. I can only imagine going active duty and end up in friggin northern Maine lol...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes