PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No Pro Bowl for Brady??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DefenseRules

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I just read this over at Kffl:

Just heard on the radio here in Kansas City that Trent Green has been added to the Pro Bowl roster in place of Tom Brady who cannot participate because of an undisclosed injury.
Anything more being said out that way? Was not aware of any sort of injury that would keep him from the Pro Bowl.

Anybody hear anything about this?

If this is true, GOOD! Brady looked worn out, beat up and tired by the end of the season, IMO. On top of that he injured his calf/leg in the Buffalo game.
I was hoping that he would sit out the probowl this year and get some rest.

Just saw it on Boston.com , I just wanted to see him play that is it.. Sorry for the double post on the same topic, it was posted yet...

Read on the Planet that somebody heard the ESPN radio report claiming Shoulder Injury. If true, I think it's good too, the kid needs some time off.

Oh, that answers my question. Well, that's fine, I wasn't going to watch it anyway.

Personally, I'm wondering if, whether this is true or not, it's Belichickian cover for Tom Brady deciding that he didn't want to be there--or, based on what I've read about Brady--Brady deciding that he didn't deserve to be there after the Denver game. . . .

my money is on him wanting to go play golf in Pro Am at pebble beach.

Brady took a beating in the Jax game. Brady overthrew alot of recievers and was generally off target in the Denver game. Brady has had problems with his throwing shoulder in the past. Is it a stretch to think that he re-injured his throwing shoulder at some point in the playoffs? Not for me it's not, it'd explain alot. With what we've seen from Brady it'd make more sense if it was something physical that caused him to be so 'off' in the Denver game.

It's the Pro-Bowl, Brady wouldn't sit out for sore feelings over the playoff loss. The injury reason must be legit. May be a combination of the leg ailment and the throwing shoulder. Don't forget that early in the pre-season Brady didn't throw much at all because of his shoulder. This shoulder issue might be a career long problem for him. An AC seperation is a tough beast to rid yourself of. I should know. I've had problems for the past seven years.

Brady had chronic shoulder problems in College as well. Most QB'd do in one form or another. But he has had more than the usual -the Pats are just masters at hiding it!

I bet Brady retires at an early age. Maybe after this contract. Just a hunch but between the beatings he takes and the shoulder, I say he gone early.

I think it's more of the tired issue. When he did his final interview with D&C on WEEI they mentioned the Pro Bowl and you could tell he was less than thrilled with it. He's probably shut it down early (physically and mentally) for the first time in over 2 years and doesn't want to bother with an exhibition game (which is less meaningful than even a pre-season game). Besides we all know he'll be back in it next year.:)

His shoulder may bother him, but I doubt it will prevent him from playing/being effective.

Rather see him get hurt playing a game that matters to the team and not one that shows ability.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that his shoulder was troublesome all during the 2004 season and in training camp his arm/shoulder really had flared up as well. He also was on the injury report all during the 2005 season with him being listed as probable.

That said, he is probably going to end up having knee surgery.

He wore a knee brace from the Buffalo game through the end of the season.

is this nagging shoulder injury something that may require a quick procedure to clean things up? if so, I say do it now so he has plenty of time to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back