PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No AFC Dome Teams, Broncos, Ratbirds in 2018 playoffs

goheels22002

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Happy New Year, everybody.

Interesting to me that most of the usual suspects are not in the AFC playoffs and we're looking a field that features new meat in the Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Tennessee Titans. Those fans must be excited and can have a great week or two until they get to the divisional round and meet the varsity.

Andy Reid is probably at home right now watching the seconds tick off the clock in his kitchen while he eats his waffles and sausage before he shows up late for work. Again.

The Ratbirds getting their wings clipped by Marvin Lewis in the last minute to miss the playoffs for the 5th time in six years is rendering John Harbaugh irrelevant. Baltimore is becoming the San Diego Chargers of the AFC North. Neither the Colts or the Ravens have made the playoffs since Deflategate.

I love that the AFC dome teams are out. The NFC playoffs have several dome teams which is great for the Super Bowl - they are soft by definition (see: Atlanta Falcons c. February 2017).

It doesn't matter who wins next week. None of them are going to come into Gillette and knock off the Patriots when all the starters are back on the active roster. James Harrison adds some veteran steel to the LB crew along with Harris and Van Noy. Alan Branch should be back in two weeks, and I'd love to see Hogan in top form to give Brady a full compliment of receivers.

Onward.

Last edited:
Happy New Year, everybody.

Interesting to me that most of the usual suspects are not in the AFC playoffs and we're looking a field that features new meat in the Buffalo Bills, Jacksonville Jaguars, and Tennessee Titans. Those fans must be excited and can have a great week or two until they get to the divisional round and meet the varsity.

Andy Reid is probably at home right now watching the seconds tick off the clock in his kitchen while he eats his waffles and sausage before he shows up late for work late. Again.

The Ratbirds getting their wings clipped by Marvin Lewis in the last minute to miss the playoffs for the 5th time in six years is rendering John Harbaugh irrelevant. Baltimore is becoming the San Diego Chargers of the AFC North. Neither the Colts or the Ravens have made the playoffs since Deflategate.

I love that the AFC dome teams are out. The NFC playoffs have several dome teams which is great for the Super Bowl - they are soft by definition (see: Atlanta Falcons c. February 2017).

It doesn't matter who wins next week. None of them are going to come into Gillette and knock off the Patriots when all the starters are back on the active roster. James Harrison adds some veteran steel to the LB crew along with Harris and Van Noy. Alan Branch should be back in two weeks, and I'd love to see Hogan in top form to give Brady a full compliment of receivers.

Onward.

I wish i was as confident as you, The Pats are the clear favs but i think Kansas City can definitely win in Gillette if the Pats offense plays as sloppy as it has for a month and they get a big play or two from Hill.

I don't have any worries about the Titans or Bills if one of them win.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back