PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Survivor Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll take Jacksonville week 7.

ps Nem:there's a search forum feature

The Skins are so bad the Wash. Post has about 3 pages on Marvin Harrison today.

Week 7: going with Jacksonville Jaguars.

Yep, sure was a "bloody" weekend as SamBam39, IrishHooligan, and I went down in flames at the incompetent hands of the Washington Redskins. As much as it sucks to lose, I am concerned about the Redskins' loss. Mike Shanahan raped them so badly in the Ashley Lelie deal it isn't even funny. Supposedly Denver has the right to trade #1 picks with Washington, and Washington has the potential to tank and hand the Broncos a very high pick. I wish WE had made a deal like that, hopefully in the future the Pats will be first in line whenever the Redskins have a new batch of picks to trade away.

Anyway, good luck to the remaining five, and since I've already got a spreadsheet going, I'll continue to keep track of the contest.

Last edited:
The Gr8est said:
Yep, sure was a "bloody" weekend as SamBam39, IrishHooligan, and I went down in flames at the incompetent hands of the Washington Redskins. As much as it sucks to lose, I am concerned about the Redskins' loss. Mike Shanahan raped them so badly in the Ashley Lelie deal it isn't even funny. Supposedly Denver has the right to trade #1 picks with Washington, and Washington has the potential to tank and hand the Broncos a very high pick. I wish WE had made a deal like that, hopefully in the future the Pats will be first in line whenever the Redskins have a new batch of picks to trade away.

Anyway, good luck to the remaining five, and since I've already got a spreadsheet going, I'll continue to keep track of the contest.

I was tempted to take the skins last w/e too. It was then or never, and I am DC area for 10 days and could watch that game. Maybe they'll nail Indy this w/e... without Rogers. Can always hope. Maybe the grand daughter will have a soccer game and I won't have to watch.

Well since Houston beat Jacksonville, the only two left as I write this are NEM and tedster822, but if Seattle doesn't rally, the contest is going to end with the final 5 all being eliminated today.

We're going to have to tweak the rules a bit in the future I guess.

Last edited:
We either have a 5 way tie or a playoff. If we continue I'll take the Bears

I vote for a playoff.

I'll take Pit over Oak

If the last 5 eliminated want to continue, I'm okay with that.

scout and tedster822 can still submit picks.

For week9, I'll go with the Chargers over the Browns.

ted

I get the Giants this week(or never)

Ok, got the Giants.

Waiting on NEM's pick. scout, you were eliminated due to not submitting a pick for week 8. It's down to NEM, tedster822, and braveht.

The Gr8est said:
Waiting on NEM's pick. scout, you were eliminated due to not submitting a pick for week 8. It's down to NEM, tedster822, and braveht.
Hard to pick when you can't log on. Anyway, good luck guys.

Carolina's gonna be fina.

Well we finally have a winner.

braveht has outlasted all comers and is now hereby proclaimed "Grand Poobah of Pigskin Prognostication", and is awarded all bragging rights associated with it.

Until he gets dethroned next year.

Congratulations braveht, and thanx for all who participated.

Who sez I'll be de-throned, anybody as lucky as I was can repeat, with similar luck. The colts and ravens were scarily close picks, and squeezing wins out of Az and MIA a gamble. The last game I almost took the Pats, but it was the only time I thought Carolina would be a good bet, and was doubting that for the 1st half.

Consolation to scout who got elim'd by the server problems.

Thanx to Gr8est for moderating the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST