PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL resurrects emergency QB rule

Zappe as emergency QB makes more sense than as 2nd QB since all he's going to be doing is holding a clipboard if Mac's healthy while Cunningham could actually see the field.
You remind me of the people who wanted Bishop to come in for Bledsoe on the goal line.

Last edited:
You remind me of the people who was Bishop to come in for Bledsoe on the goal line.
Don't find many admitted former Bledsoe fans. Grats on your self honesty, but sorry, I was never a Bishop fan.

why do people want cunningham when he was udfa .,.... he is a jag at best and all of you are making him into michael bishop and kordell stewart, he is lucky to make the roster....

Don't find many admitted former Bledsoe fans. Grats on your self honesty, but sorry, I was never a Bishop fan.
im a drew fan and found it a joke that your going to take bledsoe off the field for a one trick pony in bishop

You need to look around you. Is there anyone in this forum (among those old enough) who isn't a former Bledsoe fan?

why do people want cunningham when he was udfa .,.... he is a jag at best and all of you are making him into michael bishop and kordell stewart, he is lucky to make the roster....
I am not high on him, but I think he's a bit more than a JAG. That said, his 2022 season was underwhelming, though apparently injury-marred, too.

I am not high on him, but I think he's a bit more than a JAG. That said, his 2022 season was underwhelming, though apparently injury-marred, too.
No, he isn't a JAG.

JAG's are middle to bottom of the rosters player who play their roles on every NFL team.

One might call McDermott a JAG or McMillan or Jennings or Ekuale or Bryant, or perhaps even Zappe.

Cunningham is an UDFA with a long-shot chance of making the 53 man roster. He is a long way from being a below average player on an NFL roster. With the change in rules, he has a better chance, but Belichick could bring in competition if he intends to have 3 QB's on the 53 man roster.

Cunningham is an UDFA with a long-shot chance of making the 53 man roster. He is a long way from being a below average player on an NFL roster. With the change in rules, he has a better chance, but Belichick could bring in competition if he intends to have 3 QB's on the 53 man roster.
He could, but he certainly hasn't shown any urgency in doing so.

He could, but he certainly hasn't shown any urgency in doing so.
When does Bill Belichick ever show urgency? After Brady left, he didn't sign the guy who eventually be the team's starter until early July.

When does Bill Belichick ever show urgency? After Brady left, he didn't sign the guy who eventually be the team's starter until early July.
2021 and 2016, for example.

Happy for this rule change. Now Mac is assured of making the team. That extra spot is key...

I saw a mock draft (Walter's Football so take it for what it's worth) that had him drafted in the 4th round

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back