PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL, or someone, Moves To Protect Manning's Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady'sButtBoy

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
But just wait one minute - the NFL must have ordered up some damage control from the AP. Of course, it may have been MSNBC that came up with the headline - "Manning bites tongue, won't blame teammates" !!!!

This was published last night around the same time of the other MSNBC article linked to previously in another thread noting the very opposite! I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but how can anyone doubt the facts here? Manning did blame his teammates in his press conference, yet this headline proclaiming the opposite appears a few hours later. hmmmmm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10868284/

well

Ol archie trying to save face :rolleyes:

It doesn't even say who wrote the article, it only says associated press.

They scrubbed the quote about the protection problems. Trying to keep the squeaky clean image on a player who isn't much of a team player.

andyguitar said:
They scrubbed the quote about the protection problems. Trying to keep the squeaky clean image on a player who isn't much of a team player.

They certainly did. According to the articale Manning said this “I’m looking for a safe word here, I don’t want to be a bad teammate,†Manning said when asked about Indianapolis’ blown blocking assignments. “Pittsburgh gave us trouble and put us in some situations we’re not usually in.â€

That is not what he said - Manning also said that they had protection problems, virtually blaming the offensive line.

This was an inaccurate article on the Manning press conference.

Anyone have an idea why MSNBC, a news organization, would be involved in helping the NFL with Peyton's image?

Last edited:
They get MNF next year, of course. Anything to scrub the league's balls.

Too late! The barn door's been open for awhile now!

The only good thing about this weekend was seeing Peyton and his crew get beat. I am totally sick of hearing how great and dominating the Colts are. The only thing that should be said is that they still can't win the big game, when it really counts. They whined when they had to play the Patriots in New England in previous playoff games, claiming that the Patriots having home field advantage was why they lost. Well, this year they had home field advantage and they still lost. So, now what's their excuse going to be?

I just loved and relished seeing that whiney cry baby face on Manning yesterday when they blew it. It was priceless. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes