PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network: Mayock visits Patriots Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree -- plus the red shirts and the lack of real tackling tend to favor the boys in white. (Just look at the session-ending "sack.") I've liked what I've seen of the defense so far.

Ditto. I'm excited to see what they can do tonite against a good offense, but one that is not nearly as dynamic as the one they face in practice everyday.

Nah, Chung was still on his feet and within 50 yards of Welker. :D

Man coverage on Welker is EPIC FAIL waiting to happen. He can get a jump on pretty much anyone in the league; if he were faster, he'd be almost impossible to tackle.

Even Hobbs admitted back in 2007 that Welker regularly embarrassed the Patriots' DBs . . . but it was in practice, so no one had to see their humiliation. :)

Last edited:
Man coverage on Welker is EPIC FAIL waiting to happen. He can get a jump on pretty much anyone in the league; if he were faster, he'd be almost impossible to tackle.

Edelman is faster...;)

I don't know if Welker defines what we all consider "fast". Welker does have what is probably the best explosion off the ball in the NFL and, while he's not the quickest guy on the field, is able to create separation within the first five steps against a DB. When you consider that with the fact that he is the kind of receiver that catches a pass and immediately takes it up field, you should be able to see why he's so hard to catch/tackle.

I don't know if Welker defines what we all consider "fast". Welker does have what is probably the best explosion off the ball in the NFL and, while he's not the quickest guy on the field, is able to create separation within the first five steps against a DB. When you consider that with the fact that he is the kind of receiver that catches a pass and immediately takes it up field, you should be able to see why he's so hard to catch/tackle.

Another thing that makes him really good and seem really fast on the field is he can seemingly change direction at full speed or close to it and have the change be sharp and percise.

I think our defense is looking deadly this year... I'm doing whatever I can to get the Pats D on my fantasy team.

What I took from watching Mayock's piece:
Sea Bass is a very large mammal. Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case