PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL fires official Hugo Cruz, who missed false start in Chargers-Browns

As technology improves, the sports leagues need to adapt and keep up.
Watching the World Series - umpires calling strikes four or five inches out of the zone. There is really no reason to accept this anymore.
If the unions demand, fine, pay them to sit and watch with us. But no reason to accept calls that 100% of the fans watching the game know are wrong.
Use the technology. Eliminate stupidly bad calls.

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. I don't care which way the calls go, for or against my team, but just give me the correct calls.

Using technology would also help end the whining I see from so many teams and it's players, who seem to feel that working around the rules or working on the refs is an acceptable practice. The Ravens and Dodgers come to mind in that regard.

The technology is there. USE IT!

I saw that play live and it was ridiculous it wasn’t called. Tackles leaving early has been a problem for a while and the NFL keeps ignoring it. The tackles have a clear advantage cheating to the outside so pass rushers can’t speed rush them.

The NFL also needs to ban Guards from squatting at the line of scrimmage then standing up and getting the signal from the QB to relay to the Center. The home crowd becomes a nonfactor for road teams. The Steelers are the biggest offenders of this.
Agree with the first paragraph; not so much with the second one.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back