PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com: Brady vs. Manning

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9773002

Their analysts sound off on the subject of who would take which. Amazingly, though maybe less so considering the weight of the bandwagon after Min., EVERY SINGLE ONE takes Brady, with the exception of one undecided.

I was really blown away by this, I thought Peyton was the media's darling!

yeah i have seen and heard more people this week pick brady over manning than ever before. i think brady is far and away the better QB. He has had 3 cordinaters in 3 years, won 3 titles, 2 SB MVPs, always (accept at denver) playes great in big games. has never had the offensive weapons manning has, has never accept for 2004 had a great running game like manning has, and has lost his two best WRs from last year.

CheerforTom said:

Their analysts sound off on the subject of who would take which. Amazingly, though maybe less so considering the weight of the bandwagon after Min., EVERY SINGLE ONE takes Brady, with the exception of one undecided.

Uh oh. If your last statement is true, what are you guys going to do now? ;) :D

PatsFan24 said:
yeah i have seen and heard more people this week pick brady over manning than ever before. i think brady is far and away the better QB. He has had 3 cordinaters in 3 years, won 3 titles, 2 SB MVPs, always (accept at denver) playes great in big games. has never had the offensive weapons manning has, has never accept for 2004 had a great running game like manning has, and has lost his two best WRs from last year.
I don't know how you can say Brady is far and away better...

If I had to pick I'd take Brady but they are 1a and 1b as far as NFL QBs go and you can make a case for either of them being better than the other.

Mix said:

If I had to pick I'd take Brady but they are 1a and 1b as far as NFL QBs go and you can make a case for either of them being better than the other.

because brady has played so well in so many big games against good teams, where manning has not. in big games brady is the man. manning is great if you need 5 touchdowns against the lions on thanksgiving

All professional sports are played for one thing - the Championship. At 29 years old Brady has 3 of them.

The media pundits can't ignore that. Especially when the other guy, how incredibly great he is, and he is amazing, chokes in the big moments.

How can anyone NOT give the edge to Brady????

Drewwho said:
All professional sports are played for one thing - the Championship. At 29 years old Brady has 3 of them.

The media pundits can't ignore that. Especially when the other guy, how incredibly great he is, and he is amazing, chokes in the big moments.

How can anyone NOT give the edge to Brady????

Zackly. Don't mean a thing, if you ain't got that ring.

I'd want see to Manning with new england patriots receivers

CheerforTom said:

Because the Patriots never get any love. Always the underdog. :rolleyes:

Mix said:

Brady would have won the superbowl with last year's Colts team, and that is the huge difference that makes you and the Colt's fans wrong.

When great players talk about the greatest QB's to play the game, they have always said that certain players had the "intangiable". Something that could not be measured by stats.

Unitis had it. Montana had it.

Its the something that allows special players to elevate their play in the biggest moments.

It's pretty clear that Brady has it and will retire as one of the greatest QB's ever. If Manning never wins a SB, he will be reguarded as one of the greatest to ever play the game, but will inevedibly remain in Brady's shadow.

The media used to love saying Brady was a system QB. If there is a system QB in the league its Manning. He's run the same system with Harrison and Moore for what 9 years? Brady is so far from a system QB its not even funny. Take a look at the offensive change that has gone on in NE. Between recievers, running backs, Graham being hurt every year, make shift line the last few years, rookies and castaways contributing, new offensive coordinators.

People love giving out stats for Manning and why he's so great but Tom puts of crazy stats too. He has 14 TD's this year to Mannings 15 with what people called for the first 5 weeks a horrible passing game. Geez how many TD's would he have with a decent passing game for those 5 games?

Rhody, could NOT agree more!

What makes Brady so great is his not only his ability, but his willingness to be whatever QB the Pats need him to be on any given week. If Bill tells him the game plan is to throw it around he will do that, if Bill says this week, we are going to run the ball, he'll do that not caring about his stats. He truly only cares about the 'W' and will be whatever BB wants him to be.

This is what makes Belichick and Brady so great together. They have an understanding of what needs to be done to win and Brady completely trusts Bill and will implement the game plan that Bill has set. Brady is like a dream QB for any coach, but especially a coach like Belichick who has the brains to come up with the most well thought out, complete game plan than most coaches in NFL History. There are even fewer QB's with Brady's talent that would be willing to hand off the ball if that is what the game plan called for in order to sacrafice his stats. I honestly buy into Brady not caring about anything but the 'W'...

RyanTheColtsFan said:

I'm vewry concerned by the lack of disrepect by the pundits since the Minny game. ;)

RyanTheColtsFan said:

It's all relative. We get TONS of love compared to, say, Buffalo or the 49ers. Compared to the Colts, and Manning in particular we get very little unless we explicitly prove ourselves first (see last Monday). The difference is you guys get tons of love regardless of what you do (see almost losing to the Jets and Texans).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back