PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Newsday: Did the Jets spy on the Patriots, too? [merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Newsday:Did the Jets spy on the Patriots, too?

Several interesting points in that article, most notably the Jets use of a cameraman on the sidelines against the Pats (which, regardless of permission granted by the Patriots, would be against the rules and akin to the same situation the Patriots were punished for) as well as Jimmy Johnson, again, going to town to support Belichick:

"I know for a fact there were various teams doing this, that's why the memo was sent to everybody," former NFL coach Jimmy Johnson said on Fox's pregame show in early September. "That doesn't make right, but a lot of teams are doing this."

Somebody with an account on the various JETS sites please post this thread on those sites. The amusement factor will be off the charts as we watch them try to justify it.

Somebody with an account on the various JETS sites please post this thread on those sites. The amusement factor will be off the charts as we watch them try to justify it.

Read the article, seems to be an obvious non-story with a catchy headline.

Tuesday night the Jets admitted that they did videotape the game and their employee was confronted, but said they had permission from the Patriots to film from that location.

"All filming at last year's Patriots game was done with pre-approval from the Patriots and in accordance with NFL rules," said Bruce Speight, the Jets' senior director of media relations.

An NFL source told Newsday the league office is unaware of the incident, and that the Patriots did not bring it up during the investigation into the Jets' charges of illegal videotaping by the Patriots in September.

Doesn't seem like a non-story to me. Quite the contrary. Here's the story as I see it:

a) Pats catch Jets video taping and don't rat them out.

b) Jets catch Pats video taping and rat them out.

Many stories like this end up wearing cement shoes in the East River.

Doesn't seem like a non-story to me. Quite the contrary. Here's the story as I see it:

a) Pats catch Jets video taping and don't rat them out.

b) Jets catch Pats video taping and rat them out.

Many stories like this end up wearing cement shoes in the East River.

So you're saying that the Jets are lying about having permission to tape there and that the Patriots never said anything about it and then the Jets in turn thought it would be a great idea to narc on the Patriots for the same thing?

How stupid do you think these people are? If the Jets were really caught doing something untoward last year no way in hell they'd antagonize the Patriots by reporting them for the same thing.

How stupid do you think these people are? If the Jets were really caught doing something untoward last year no way in hell they'd antagonize the Patriots by reporting them for the same thing.

That's probably why Belichick figured he could video tape the game. He never dreamed Rat Mangini would be that stupid.

That's probably why Belichick figured he could video tape the game. He never dreamed Rat Mangini would be that stupid.

Prob. He figured that since he gave him a break, Eric would do the same. What a huge backstabber Eric turned out to be. Also do we know if they taped the regular season game, or the playoff game?

So you're saying that the Jets are lying about having permission to tape there and that the Patriots never said anything about it and then the Jets in turn thought it would be a great idea to narc on the Patriots for the same thing?

When did permission from the opposing team ever get mentioned regarding spygate?

Oh, right.... never. It's not in the 'rule', at least not that's ever been mentioned.

Now that the Jets have admitted to this 'illegal' taping, I think it's fair of Patriots fans to expect that the J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! will be losing their #1 pick and a combined $750,000.... After all, fair's fair. The Patriots got hosed over nonsense, so let's see the Jets enjoy the same experience.

Last edited:

And thus the spin begins:

...the NFL is trying to make us look like the bad guy because we aren't a good story like the Patriots.

If we were contending for the playoffs and the Patriots weren't everyone would be all over them for cheating...if they weren't a dynasty, the NFL would've taken a lot more away from them than just a first rounder -- that they don't even need.

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=27733

Now that the Jets have admitted to this 'illegal' taping, I think it's fair of Patriots fans to expect that the J-E-T-S Jets! Jets! Jets! will be losing their #1 pick and a combined $750,000.... After all, fair's fair.

Good point. They did just admit they violated the NFL rules...a rule that Commissioner Goodell seems to take very seriously. Seems to me that he has no choice but to take their 1st round pick and whack Mangini with a $500,000 fine.

Prob. He figured that since he gave him a break, Eric would do the same. What a huge backstabber Eric turned out to be.

My guess is that half the teams in the league were openly taping and everyone knew about it.

Apparently the rule states you can tape from any enclosed location with a roof. Does this mean anybody can videotape in a dome? </Brian>

Even if they don't whack the Jets for a first rounder, the NFL definitely needs to put an asterisk next to their 3-10 record. :rocker:

interesting development... i really hope it pans out, and turn into something big....

interesting development... i really hope it pans out, and turn into something big....

Goodell won't do jack about it, because he has ties from his past to the RATS.
The only way peole will notice this is if the fans of the Pats start making some noise about the double standard being set.

Given the Patriot organizations history with the NY Jets and given the anymosity between BB and ManJudas do you honestly believe A) the Jets asked permission :)rofl:) and B) the Patriots granted permission???????? :)rofl:)
COME ON!!
A prior poster had it right, the difference is the Patriots didn't rat the Jets out to the league. They handled the situation themelves and quietly.

This is what pisses me off with all the "Holier than thou" teams (Colts). They all stopped filming once the Pats got caught. The other NFL hypocrite franchises can stick the asterisks up their Arses.

Jimmy Johnson "I know for a fact there were various teams doing this, that's why the memo was sent to everybody," former NFL coach Jimmy Johnson said on Fox's pregame show in early September. "That doesn't make right, but a lot of teams are doing this."

Even if they don't whack the Jets for a first rounder, the NFL definitely needs to put an asterisk next to their 3-10 record. :rocker:

OK now thats funny!!!! thanks man! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back