New England Patriots rank as the easiest NFL team to root for

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
By: John Morgan

Despite what you may read on message boards and hear on sports talk radio, the evidence shows that the New England Patriots are the easiest team in the NFL to root for....

By: John Morgan

Despite what you may read on message boards and hear on sports talk radio, the evidence shows that the New England Patriots are the easiest team in the NFL to root for....

Really pretty stupid. This should just be called NEP rank has having the most success in the past decade.

There are plenty of other factors that ought be considered. Some that benefit NE, some that don't.

Characters of the players. Idiots like Spikes make it harder to root for a team. Players like Cannon make it easier. Overall I think this benefits NE.

Personality of the coach. I like BB because he is the coach of the NEP and brought us 3 championships. But lets face it he has the personality of rock. If he was the coach of any other team we would all consider him a d bag.

Any scandals that have tarnished the teams images? Umm yeah. Doubt NEP picked up many new fans in 2007 despite the regular season success.

Cost of being a fan? Patriots are among the most expensive to buy tickets for.

Has recent success matched expectation or have the most recent playoffs been disappointments? 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010.

Pretty pointless to make a claim on one thing and then do analysis of something else. This is horrible journalism.

To be clear I have no plan on rooting for a different team. But NEP over the past 5 years doesn't earn the title easiest team to root for.

Shoot, they could have called this poll "who has had the most success in the last decade" and called it a day. It did warm my heart to see the Jets at number 10, however. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News