PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

New England Patriots continue to work back up the poll in this week's Power Ranking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New England Patriots continue to work back up the poll in this week's Power Ranki

lol @ the Colts being ahead of the Saints.

Re: New England Patriots continue to work back up the poll in this week's Power Ranki

Yeah, Colts over Saints is bogus. Saint IMO clearly deserve the #1 spot after murdering the Giants 2 weeks ago.

#5 seems fair for the Pats. We haven't been bad but we haven't been great either.

Hey buddy, Arizona and Miami are a combined .500. Miami THRASHED you guys but allowed the Colts 20+ points in 15 minutes. That doesn't say how good you guys are, that says how terrible Miami's defense is.

The Pats took out the Falcons, Ravens, and barely lost to the Broncos in Denver (after going up 17-7 on them at Invesco vs. our old offensive coordinator who knew us inside and out). Please don't try to come in and tell us that the Colts schedule is harder than the Pats schedule is, because you'll just end up making a fool out of yourself.

Arizona is what, 4-2 now? and they just nailed the giants pretty good. The colts went to arizona on a short week, and flat out embarrassed them in their stadium. That says something about us.

idc what miames record is, they're a good team. they were ****ed by a pretty messed up schedule. The colts won the miame game, because Peyton played perfectly. Our defence has also improved sense then.

I'm not saying the pats are bad. just that they're not what they used to be, and dont deserve to be #5 in the rankings.

Arizona is what, 4-2 now? and they just nailed the giants pretty good. The colts went to arizona on a short week, and flat out embarrassed them in their stadium. That says something about us.

idc what miames record is, they're a good team. they were ****ed by a pretty messed up schedule. The colts won the miame game, because Peyton played perfectly. Our defence has also improved sense then.

I'm not saying the pats are bad. just that they're not what they used to be, and dont deserve to be #5 in the rankings.
"...not what they used to be..." Do you mean what they were a month ago??? You're right. They're much, much better.

#1 in total offense, #2 in total defense, with momentum going one way - up!

I'll take where they are now, confident that 2 months hence, that position will change for the better.

I'll give you guys top billing now (seems the Colts always get out of the gate fast), but look for you to come back down to Earth by the end of December - as you usually do.

And having watched the World Series this evening, I can honestly say....GAWD! I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

They barely beat (and wouldn't have beaten without a bad fumble by Bradshaw) the same Giants team that got blown out by New Orleans the week before. Saints definitely deserve the top spot there. How you can try to argue otherwise for your Colts is beyond me.

The only thing that the Miami game says about you guys is that Peyton is still able to torch horrible secondaries. That's about it. And as for the Pats, their schedule is definitely harder than the Colts'. Bar none. Do the math and add both schedules up if you'd like, then come back and tell us the W-L ratio of both schedules as of right now (forget about the end of the season). I just want to see where the Pats are in December. The Colts can have October and November yet again because everyone in the world knows what will happen to them once December and January come around. We'll see the Dancing Queen come right back out again, throwing costly INT's against bad to decent defenses.

This is hillarious. We're not the same, 5-2 after a tough start. It'll be interesting to see how these teams finish. EVERY year the Patriots are not the same but manage to be in it til the end. It's funny to keep hearing it.

yes you're right the colts do have alot of probs every january cept for 2006.

but to me something seems different about the colts this year. they want to prove something and shut up all the "your window has closed" bull sh*t.

won't know if it's for real till then. but i'm looking forward to week 10 to see how good we really are ;) should be a great game.. hope the refs stay out of it and whoever wins does it fairly without the "you cheated" sh*t that seems to follow every colts/pats game :rolleyes:

"Who dat? Who dat? Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints?"
1_chin__1252065858_5508.jpg

HE DAT

ps:Who Dat? - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good stuff...

The Patriots have worked their way up to 3rd in Football Outsiders DVOA ranking:

FOOTBALL OUTSIDERS: Innovative Statistics, Intelligent Analysis | Week 7 DVOA Ratings

Interestingly, by their measures, the offense is both better (3rd vs 9th ranked) and more consistent (4th in variance vs 31st) than the defense.

I think the point about our defense having high variance is interesting and likely accurate. The good news is that the trend is favorable.

BTW, they also have Brady leading the league in DPAR -- defense-adjusted point productivity -- although he's 4th DVOA: he's been the most productive QB but not the most productive per play.

Last edited:

Colts are good, but the power ranking have a little to do with the history of a team and people's opinions/impressions of a team, among other things. You can't jump from the high 20's one year to number 1 spot just cause you beat a few teams because of the view point and opinions of those making the rankings. The Colts are consistently on the top of the list so it's easier to put them up there unless they give you a reason to be lower than the top. The Saints on the other hand are new to this whole winning thing and you will have reservations about putting them ahead of a team that hasn't let you down in the past.

I'm just sayin'...

As a Saints fan I would like to think that the Saints this year are very good and will make it far into the playoffs unless they have some serious injuries to key players.

Why are people praising the pats over two easy wins? And you guys think the Colts had it easy? not trying to start anything, it just doesnt make sense to me.

Btw, the colts do deserve that top spot. they, like the saints, had two tough games. Arizona and miame.

Only legit win the pats have is the falcons. they beat the Bills by 1 point... the BILLS :eek:

Records and winning percentages of teams played"

Colts - 11-26 .297
Minn - 17-28 .378
Saints - 19-20 .487
Pats - 20-25 .444

Nuff said!

Records and winning percentages of teams played"

Colts - 11-26 .297
Minn - 17-28 .378
Saints - 19-20 .487
Pats - 20-25 .444

Nuff said!

Yet the Colts have had three primetime road games. How many road games have the Pats had, let alone in primetime? (The Bucs game was a neutral game, basically)

It can be spun both ways. The Colts schedule isn't significantly worse than the Pats or Saints. It may be a little worse, but every team in the NFL has an easy schedule, the league is so bad.

If you actually think Buffalo is a good team despite whatever their record is, then lol. They lost to a Browns team at home that is one of the NFL's worst team's this decade.

Umm, why? Did Arizona not beat the Giants on the road at night? Did Miami not beat the Jets?

I don't get it? As an example, beating Tennessee at night on the road certainly wasn't that difficult. But it's more difficult than beating Detroit at home. And really not much different than beating the Bills.

Yet the Colts have had three primetime road games. How many road games have the Pats had, let alone in primetime? (The Bucs game was a neutral game, basically)

It can be spun both ways. The Colts schedule isn't significantly worse than the Pats or Saints. It may be a little worse, but every team in the NFL has an easy schedule, the league is so bad.

If you actually think Buffalo is a good team despite whatever their record is, then lol. They lost to a Browns team at home that is one of the NFL's worst team's this decade.

what color is the sky in your universe? Incredible. I swear a Colts fan would argue that the world is flat if it meant demeaning the Colts just a little. How can you honestly look at those records and say that there is not much of a difference? There is a big difference. The numbers dont lie. You're the one spinning things.

what color is the sky in your universe? Incredible. I swear a Colts fan would argue that the world is flat if it meant demeaning the Colts just a little. How can you honestly look at those records and say that there is not much of a difference? There is a big difference. The numbers dont lie. You're the one spinning things.

Now be nice, he obviously sees the sky as blue, indy cold hearted blue. That's the one thing I will never understand about Colt's fans, they will argue their point till they win.

I wasn't aware the time you played made a difference.:confused:

Learn something new everyday, don't we?:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes