PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots News 04-23, Draft Strategy Still Not Clear

Gonna disagree with you here. It has nothing to do with Sauce Gardner and everything to do with getting a #1 Lock-Down corner for essentially 7 years. You can get a starting tackle in the 2nd round. Pats have done it at least twice. And there's a very good chance that Wright falls into the 2nd round,.
I understand your point but cornerback is the deepest position in this draft. I want that big tackle if they're going to keep Mac. I just get this gut feeling that BB will pass on CB and take a safety...then an OLman or WR...he never does what any of us expect...

I understand your point but cornerback is the deepest position in this draft. I want that big tackle if they're going to keep Mac. I just get this gut feeling that BB will pass on CB and take a safety...then an OLman or WR...he never does what any of us expect...

CB is not the deepest position in the draft. There is a huge gap between the top 3-4 and the rest. Those top 3-4 are LEGIT #1 corners. The rest are likely going to top out as #2s. The Pats have 3 guys already fitting that bill in the Jones "Triplets". They need that #1 corner. Someone who can stay with a Diggs, a Metcalf, an AJ Brown.

I honestly don't see him taking a safety. If he takes one at all, it will be later in the draft.

There are a slew of mid-round WR and TE that fit the Pats billing. That's why I don't see the Pats using a pick there early on.

CB is not the deepest position in the draft. There is a huge gap between the top 3-4 and the rest. Those top 3-4 are LEGIT #1 corners. The rest are likely going to top out as #2s. The Pats have 3 guys already fitting that bill in the Jones "Triplets". They need that #1 corner. Someone who can stay with a Diggs, a Metcalf, an AJ Brown.

I honestly don't see him taking a safety. If he takes one at all, it will be later in the draft.

There are a slew of mid-round WR and TE that fit the Pats billing. That's why I don't see the Pats using a pick there early on.
don't get me wrong...I have zero interest in seeing us draft a safety in ANY round. I just get the sense that BB would rather stick it to everybody in the press and do something way outside the box. I'm getting that "trade down" vibe this draft and it's making me nervous

Dude, the 2022 draft strategy is still not clear.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back