PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: MORSE: Senior Bowl Wrap Up, Deflategate Revelation and Joe Judge Returns

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I believe that the Pats should concentrate on spending their very few draft picks on the following positions:
Nose Tackle, Outside CB, DE, WR & LT.

Period.

ALL other positions should be addressed via an Extremely aggressive UDFA attack.

Therefore, of the players listed, these are the ones I will be following:
WR Christian Watson, obviously;
OT Trevor Penning, but he will be long gone before my thoughts turn to LT.... I want Defense with my first two picks;
CB Tariq C Fields, a possible day 3 part 2 of an OUTSIDE CB double-dip;
and DE Boye Mafe... No excuse for Bill to come out of this draft without a top-100-caliber DE.

No interest whatsoever in using our currently available picks on RB, QB, TE, IOL, 3-Tech, MLB, Slot CB, FS or SS such as Pierce, Willis, McBride, Wyatt, Beavers & Pitre... But count me among those who would Love to see Jordan Stout signed as one of our UDFAs.

"I for one was not pleased with Cam Achord’s leadership of Special Teams and was hoping Judge would return to coach ST’s."

As was I.

Was Chris "reporting" on the lack of an OC, or was he opining?

Two very different things. I hope the latter and hope he's dead wrong, because I really want an OC and a DC - someone to truly take responsibility!

I believe that the Pats should concentrate on spending their very few draft picks on the following positions:

Period.

ALL other positions should be addressed via an Extremely aggressive UDFA attack.

OT Trevor Penning, but he will be long gone before my thoughts turn to LT.... I want Defense with my first two picks;
and DE Boye Mafe... No excuse for Bill to come out of this draft without a top-100-caliber DE.

No interest whatsoever in using our currently available picks on RB, QB, TE, IOL, 3-Tech, MLB, Slot CB, FS or SS such as Pierce, Willis, McBride, Wyatt, Beavers & Pitre... But count me among those who would Love to see Jordan Stout signed as one of our UDFAs.

"I for one was not pleased with Cam Achord’s leadership of Special Teams and was hoping Judge would return to coach ST’s."

As was I.
We agree on the draft priorities though I would be open to DT's as limiting it to strictly NT's.. I salivate over Davis, though he's going to be gone well before we pick, and even if he falls, he's not getting past the Chargers whose need for interior DL help go far beyond ours. I'm kind of hoping for a trade down to late in the first or early second to get the kid from UConn who also impressed at whatever alll star bowl he was in. Then grab the best CB available in round 2.

Shame about the Watson. If he had sprained an ankle before the senior bowl there might have been a chance that a kid like him from a 1AA conference might have made it into the 3rd and 4th round. But now the "secret is out" and he'll go in the first 2 rounds.

Good news, it looks like a great year to pick up an edge rusher all through the draft. Really deep group.

Unless someone like Davis drops into the Pats lap at 21, I really see us trading down and grabbing more picks. But by now I'm used to reading hundreds of mock drafts from now thru April and watching the Pats draft 7 guys who only BCG have ever heard of. ;)

Period.

As was I.
My priority is CB, LB, DT, WR and I wouldn't be surprised to see a double down on any of these Defensive positions. We need speed on Defense. The LB corp is old and slow. Don't know what we will get from McGrone an undersized ILB, Raekwon McMillan, Jennings, or Perkins. I love Wyatt and if you can get someone like Pinfrey and Wyatt I would do that. Totally agree on a trade down to get more picks, even if it's out of the 1st. Trade back in the 1st and take some of the 2nd tier CBs.

Unless someone like Davis drops into the Pats lap at 21, I really see us trading down and grabbing more picks. But by now I'm used to reading hundreds of mock drafts from now thru April and watching the Pats draft 7 guys who only BCG have ever heard of. ;)

My priority is CB, LB, DT, WR and I wouldn't be surprised to see a double down on any of these Defensive positions. We need speed on Defense. The LB corp is old and slow. Don't know what we will get from McGrone an undersized ILB, Raekwon McMillan, Jennings, or Perkins. I love Wyatt and if you can get someone like Pinfrey and Wyatt I would do that. Totally agree on a trade down to get more picks, even if it's out of the 1st. Trade back in the 1st and take some of the 2nd tier CBs.

My goal over the next 2-1/2 months is to convince Bill via electronic osmosis that he needs to trade down often enough and far enough so that he can acquire another top-70 pick to make it 4 in the top 100, and then use one each on (in no particular order) DT, CB, DE & WR (but Not WR with the first pick!)... With his first pick on Day 3 he should then grab the Best Available Left Tackle.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back